By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

Looking foward to Horizon zero dawn and Knack 2 (missus loved knack 1)

Around the Network
DEAD_ORIGINAL said:

Looking foward to Horizon zero dawn and Knack 2 (missus loved knack 1)

gooch_destroyer said:

Damn it, when are we getting a release date for this?!

The wait is killing me!

I want a damn release date.

Also, I hope it gets a simultaneous worldwide release date.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Looking at the Oculus Rift price ($599) and HTC Vice price ($799) Sony would be insane to not have PC support for PSVR.

There would be no benefit from PC support.

Hunting Season is done...

the-pi-guy said:
poklane said:
Looking at the Oculus Rift price ($599) and HTC Vice price ($799) Sony would be insane to not have PC support for PSVR.

If Sony makes it very affordable, they'd be insane to have PC support.  

At the time when I expected the headsets to be much closer in price, I thought Sony would see absolute benefit from supporting PC.  Not everyone agreed with me, but that was my opinion.  

The situation though is different with how pricey the alternatives are.  If the headset is at 299$, the PS4 could be 299$.  Sony could say you could get a PSVR + PS4 for the same price as just an Oculus Rift.

I don't think they'd see the same benefit by supporting PC.  

There would be no benefit, there would be only a loss, because of the missing attached products&services for the units (PS4&PSVR) sold to customers who intend to use PSVR outside of the PS ecosystem.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
the-pi-guy said:

If Sony makes it very affordable, they'd be insane to have PC support.  

At the time when I expected the headsets to be much closer in price, I thought Sony would see absolute benefit from supporting PC.  Not everyone agreed with me, but that was my opinion.  

The situation though is different with how pricey the alternatives are.  If the headset is at 299$, the PS4 could be 299$.  Sony could say you could get a PSVR + PS4 for the same price as just an Oculus Rift.

I don't think they'd see the same benefit by supporting PC.  

There would be no benefit, there would be only a loss, because of the missing attached products&services for the units (PS4&PSVR) sold to customers who intend to use PSVR outside of the PS ecosystem.

Disagree, considering I have a Ps4 and gaming PC, PC support would increase the odds of early adoption for me.  And every little bit helps.

Yeah looking forward to this i only played Persona 4 Golden on vita, but it was dam good, i also liked Catherine.

So I am kind of in the dark here; haven't followed Morpheus too closely.
Seeing as you are able to plug most gaming peripherals into a PC and download drivers for them to ensure they work, what would stop people from doing the same with the PSVR? Is there a device that comes with the PSVR that you would need PC software to take the place of? Are there things that the Rift and Vive come with that the PSVR does not? What is stopping people from developing drivers and software that allow them to use the cheapest headset on their PC?

#1 Amb-ass-ador