By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
Aeolus451 said:
bananaking21 said:
im gonna predict a standalone PSVR will be 199$

calling it right now bitches!

That would be seriously undercut oculus and it will probably sell at a breakneak pace. It would be very easy to market. 

Thats if Sony are happy to take a minumum of $100 loss i guess  seems unlikely they can manufacturer it for under $299 going by OR price.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
bananaking21 said:

That would be seriously undercut oculus and it will probably sell at a breakneak pace. It would be very easy to market. 

its not about undercutting the oculus. its about selling to a bigger market.

the PSVR is selling to PS4 owners, the oculus to PC owners. 

if you have a PS4 and you are interested in VR, you arent going to go get a PC and Oculus for VR, and vise versa.

by the time the PS VR launches, they will have roughly a 40~ million install base to sell PS VR for. the success of PS VR relies on how many of those 40 million can they convince to get a PSVR, not many people they can steal from oculus. 

bananaking21 said:
Aeolus451 said:

its not about undercutting the oculus. its about selling to a bigger market.

the PSVR is selling to PS4 owners, the oculus to PC owners. 

if you have a PS4 and you are interested in VR, you arent going to go get a PC and Oculus for VR, and vise versa.

by the time the PS VR launches, they will have roughly a 40~ million install base to sell PS VR for. the success of PS VR relies on how many of those 40 million can they convince to get a PSVR, not many people they can steal from oculus. 

Of course, It's all about trying to get people's feet wet with VR but that price point will also severely deflate the sales of oculus. 

GT7 has to be the killer app for psvr. BTW which major Sony dev you think will make a fully vr required game. Naughty dog, sucker punch?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
GT7 has to be the killer app for psvr. BTW which major Sony dev you think will make a fully vr required game. Naughty dog, sucker punch?

I doubt any Sony studio will make an AAA VR game, probably a lot of games like RIGS. Maybe North West Studios will make a big AAA game, they seem to be VR-only. We'll probably see a lot of games like GT, Driveclub, Project Cars, Ace Combat 7 and War Thunder with VR as an option tho.

Around the Network

Bandaic Namco has trademarked Summer Lesson in Europe https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014980262

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

bananaking21 said:

I dont think they can go that cheap..... My guess is 349$-399$.

poklane said:

Bandaic Namco has trademarked Summer Lesson in Europe https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014980262

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Most of the press have the hunch that the PSVR will be priced at 399$

IMO, that is the sweet spot.

Also, it HAS to be launched with No Man's Sky. It is a fucking no brainer.

PSVR + No Man's Sky = 400$

That is my bet for the bundle. Cut the price of the PS4 Camera to 50$ and you will have a functional setup (At 450$) as the game can be played with the Dualshock 4.

Latter games should be bundled with the PS Move.

AEGRO said:
Most of the press have the hunch that the PSVR will be priced at 399$

IMO, that is the sweet spot.

Also, it HAS to be launched with No Man's Sky. It is a fucking no brainer.

PSVR + No Man's Sky = 400$

That is my bet for the bundle. Cut the price of the PS4 Camera to 50$ and you will have a functional setup (At 450$) as the game can be played with the Dualshock 4.

Latter games should be bundled with the PS Move.

Is the PS Camera actually required for PSVR or just opens up additional features?