By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

I just got the Zone Zeus trophy for WipEout HD. Flippin heck.

Around the Network

I'll probably make a list later because I'm still playing through some games right now and I have a few in my backlog I think I can finish before the year is over.

Teeqoz said:

Add me on PSN d00d

Versus_Evil said:

So everyone, the years pretty much over, now that you've probably bought all your games and have time to look back, what are the best games you've played this year? (They dont have to have been released this year)

Keep in mind that I purchased my PS4 in July, so there will be some PS3 games sprinkled in the list.

1. Rocket League: So much fun. No matter what skill level you are at it is fun. I must have 8 days of game time sunk in so far.

2. Shadow of the Colossus: Really really enjoyed this game. Stirring OST, good visuals, and I LOOOOOVED engaging the Colossi.

3. The Last of Us Remastered: I've sprinkled in the odd extra playthrough here and there but this game is on my list for the MP. I didn't really play the MP as much on PS3 as I did this summer. Amazing MP

4.Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain: To me, it was missing a lot of the MGS quirks I had grown to love. They really nailed the gamepley though.

5.Mirror's Edge: Very fun parkour game. Catalyst is on my radar.

6. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Reminded me a fair amount of AC2, which is a good thing.

7. Destiny: So much fun to play with friends. The loot grind had really taken a hold of me for a few months.

8. The Walking Dead: A touching story and a refreshing change of pace from my usual game choices. Actually platted it twice; once PS3 and once PS4

9. Gran Turismo 6: Love me some Gran Turismo. My favorite thing to do was downtune the Sauber C9 Mercedes below 600PP and then do the condensed 24hr Nurburgring.

10. Fallout 4: Didn't grab me as much as Skyrim did, but nevertheless it did grab me for a week. I traded it in once I finished the story though. Settlement building was quite fun!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
Teeqoz said:

Add me on PSN d00d

Versus_Evil said:

So everyone, the years pretty much over, now that you've probably bought all your games and have time to look back, what are the best games you've played this year? (They dont have to have been released this year)

Keep in mind that I purchased my PS4 in July, so there will be some PS3 games sprinkled in the list.

1. Rocket League: So much fun. No matter what skill level you are at it is fun. I must have 8 days of game time sunk in so far.

2. Shadow of the Colossus: Really really enjoyed this game. Stirring OST, good visuals, and I LOOOOOVED engaging the Colossi.

3. The Last of Us Remastered: I've sprinkled in the odd extra playthrough here and there but this game is on my list for the MP. I didn't really play the MP as much on PS3 as I did this summer. Amazing MP

4.Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain: To me, it was missing a lot of the MGS quirks I had grown to love. They really nailed the gamepley though.

5.Mirror's Edge: Very fun parkour game. Catalyst is on my radar.

6. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Reminded me a fair amount of AC2, which is a good thing.

7. Destiny: So much fun to play with friends. The loot grind had really taken a hold of me for a few months.

8. The Walking Dead: A touching story and a refreshing change of pace from my usual game choices. Actually platted it twice; once PS3 and once PS4

9. Gran Turismo 6: Love me some Gran Turismo. My favorite thing to do was downtune the Sauber C9 Mercedes below 600PP and then do the condensed 24hr Nurburgring.

10. Fallout 4: Didn't grab me as much as Skyrim did, but nevertheless it did grab me for a week. I traded it in once I finished the story though. Settlement building was quite fun!

You played SotC for the first time this year? Boy, such an amazing year this one you had!

Now go to Wright profile tell him how much you loved it.

It's a PS2 game btw, you didn't warned me about PS2 games in your list, so I'm downvoting your post, in my mind.

Indeed; fun fact about my gaming history: go to my PSNProfile (link in sig) and look at all those games. Everything there was played within the past 2 years (I bought TLOU PS3 bundle on February 1st, 2014). Now imagine my 2014; for if these are the games I picked for 2015, that means I played Uncharted Trilogy, TLOU, all the metal gears, FFX, GoW trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2 etc etc all in 2014 :-O

In fact before I bought that PS3 all I pretty much played was CoD4 on the Wii. Literally. I suppose you could mix in some other Wii games, and some PS2 and PS1 bu yea that's me

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

Now imagine my 2014; for if these are the games I picked for 2015, that means I played Uncharted Trilogy, TLOU, all the metal gears, FFX, GoW trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2 etc etc all in 2014 :-O

You make it seem like we're supposed to be impressed, yet you didn't play a single Ratchet & Clank. Wat a scrub.

(Seriously doe, you should play Ratchet & Clank. I'd reccomend it to anyone except fans of mediocrity.)

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
ReimTime said:

Now imagine my 2014; for if these are the games I picked for 2015, that means I played Uncharted Trilogy, TLOU, all the metal gears, FFX, GoW trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2 etc etc all in 2014 :-O

You make it seem like we're supposed to be impressed, yet you didn't play a single Ratchet & Clank. Wat a scrub.

(Seriously doe, you should play Ratchet & Clank. I'd reccomend it to anyone except fans of mediocrity.)

I probably would have if it weren't for time and money constraints. What I actually did, within the first 3 or 4 months of buying my PS3, was go to a used game store and buy almost every single game that had a high metascore - or was included on a "Ps3's greatest games list" - because I wanted to catch up on gen 7s greatest. From there I expanded based on what I liked. Naturally some got missed; Ratchet included

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:

Indeed; fun fact about my gaming history: go to my PSNProfile (link in sig) and look at all those games. Everything there was played within the past 2 years (I bought TLOU PS3 bundle on February 1st, 2014). Now imagine my 2014; for if these are the games I picked for 2015, that means I played Uncharted Trilogy, TLOU, all the metal gears, FFX, GoW trilogy, Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed 2 etc etc all in 2014 :-O

In fact before I bought that PS3 all I pretty much played was CoD4 on the Wii. Literally. I suppose you could mix in some other Wii games, and some PS2 and PS1 bu yea that's me

Boy you sucked hard before 2014 then, good thing you evolved.
But you still have so damn much to play, so damn much...

I've slowed down considerably my friend. On weekdays I leave the house at 5:30 am and don't return til 6:30 pm, and I have to cook/do homework/go out with needy friends etc. I still do have some gametime before bed and on weekends but not nearly as much as earlier years.

Oh, on that topic I finally fixed my laptop - in fact I am on it right now - so maybe I will get around to finishing FFIX soon! Two more finals and a paper to gooooo!

Ah who am I kidding

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Versus_Evil said:

Sorry, big post.

I couldn't narrow this down to a top # coz ive played 30+ games this year.

TLDR: Everybodys Gone To The Rapture, Life Is Strange, Tales From The Borderlands, Bloodbourne, MGS5:TPP, Witcher 3, Wasteland 2, Uncharted Collection, Minecraft Story Mode, Rocket League, Fallout 4.

1. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - God damn this game! Its one of the best games ive ever played! It has easily my favourite OST in the last 5 yrs. Sure its slow (call it a walking simulator all you want) but im glad it is, i was able to see everything, hear everything. A moving, beautiful masterpiece of game. I cant recommend this enough. It really only beats out Life Is Strange as my number 1, coz ive played many point and click adventure games but nothing like this.

2. Life Is Strange - im a big point and click fan, after playing countless Telltale games, whilst good have really casualised, dumb down the genre to a very simple structure it felt nice to see a company who've never created a P&C game before come out and imo create something far above anything TT have created. Also felt nice how the time manipulation powers changed up the formula a decent ammount. My favourite game this gen. Dotnod, you have my full attention!

3. Tales From The Borderlands - Im a huge fan of Borderlands and to me TFTB Felt more like Borderlands than the pre sequel did, it truly captured the spirit of Borderlands. It felt nice to revisit that universe with a different take on it and it thoroughly deserves its place in any top 10. Highly recommended for fans of Telltales simple game structure and/or Borderlands. One of the best games this gen.

4. Bloodbourne - gorgeous visuals with fast paced combat, out fucking standing enemy design all come together to make one of the best games this gen and a game every PS4 owner should own. Loved every single second of it.... Except being destroyed by the DLC XD

5. Uncharted Collection - Whats more to say other than Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 2. Bluepoint handle this perfectly. Playing through UC3 after like 4years, i love this collection!

6. Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP - a truly terrible, messy MGS game... But a bloody brilliant open world, stealth game. I looked past the story tbh, had alot of fun with the core mechanics, i would have liked Kojima to have finished game but seeing that relationship with Konami play out like it did its easy to see why it wasnt. Overall i suppose i had fun even if I expected a lot more.

7. Witcher 3 - THE RPG to own for high fantasy lovers and fans of the genre, haven't put as much time into the PS4 version as i have on other versions but still. Its one of the best looking, most in depth gaming experience ive had this year and whilst i never played 1 and only a slither 2, its a universe that i want to fully invest in. Cant wait to play more and complete this Behemoth.

8. Wasteland 2 - im a massive old school Wasteland/Fallout fan so to see a sequel to a game that started that whole franchise off return, oh boy! it plays perfect. Playing though this gem of a game really allowed me to reminisce about a franchise that i haven't played in so long. Can't recommend this game enough, for turn base RPG fans and Wasteland, Older Fallout title fans.

9. Minecraft Story Mode - Im a Minecraft fan and Telltale fan so just like #3 TFTB this was a dream match up, whilst yes I admit my first look at this game, i thought it didnt look impressive at all. I was going to avoid it but I decided to download on a wim and holy shit! It sticks to the lore almost (about 98%) perfectly, lovable characters and a fun story this is a must for any Minecraft fan.

10. Rocket League - Its cars and football, what else is there to say other than damn its fun!

11. Fallout 4 - Last on this list, this game had one big unavoidable problem at its core.... Bethesda, I'll happily admit Morrowind is my #2 Game of all time and my #1 RPG but i fucking hate Bethesda. A lazy developer that i dont think has ever released a working game (source: ive bought them all) Fallout 4 is a broken (source: i bought it day one, it broke), ugly looking game that was clearly a last gen game at one point. Face animation are some of the worst ive seen. In 2015 when there's bigger, prettier RPG worlds out there Bethesda need to get theyre act together. Fallout 4 is a very mediocre game, a game that doesnt innovate or even push its own franchise further. The one big new feature (settlements) is ruined by lack of options and is clear to see was a last minute addition to the game. BUT its on this list coz i did say i wanted more Fallout and i did say I wanted a more pretty Fallout 3, i did get that but now ive got it i feel underwhelmed.

Honourable mention to Transister, ive only played 20 minutes but its very very good, hope to play more over Christmas.

Well, I just got my PS4 not that long ago so I'll just rate the games I own.  

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

I have to say this game is pretty impressive. I really like the writing/story in the quests. Turns "go kill this" or "fetch this" into something interesting to do. It's a bit glitchy but nothing like a bethesda game. I wish how you distribute ability points was different. I hate having to put X amount of points into something just for one or two abilities. I also wish his combos with the sword was more varied. Mount combat is actually worth using versus trying to fight everything off of "Roach".

2. Bloodborne

I played all of the souls games up to this point. This is very easy compared to the others but it's still fun. I wish invasions would happen more often in all areas of the game. It's a good introduction to a souls game for new players. I haven't gotten into new game plus yet. I'm about to beat the DLC area.

3. Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

This game is really fun and gameplay is very smooth. I'm not real far into the game story wise. I like that it doesn't pull any punches in regards to violence. I'm trying to experiment with the different play styles and figure out what I like. The game can be surprisingly difficult when ya get sloppy.

4. Dying Light

As soon as I started to play this, I thought "This is what dead island is supposed to be like".  It's how a zombie game should be. I'm not far in the game but it's been fun so far. Trying to explore anything at night is a fun nightmare. I have no clue if those creatures are killable or if the MC becomes badass enough to handle walking around at night but I kinda like the contrast between night and day. 

5. Infamous Second Son

I played it a bit. I don't really resonate with the MC. He's too happy. I prefer a gritty and kinda dark "hero".  He could change but I don't know, I'll find out. It's still a good game none the less. I'm gonna play as a good MC first then as a evil MC later on.

TBD. Final Fantasy type-O 

I haven't played it yet. Juggling enough RPGs at the moment. I hope it's good.

Star wars Battlefront

I played it a good bit to give it an honest try but.... It's online only. Those bastards took away conquest mode and space battles. It's a sequel, so I'm not gonna treat it as a stand alone game. I'm gonna compare it to it's siblings. This game seems more like it was opitmized to make money versus living up to what the other battlefronts were. It came with the bundle and I got a digital copy, so I'm stuck with it.

COD Black OPS 3

I'm definitely suffering from buyer's remorse with this. The problems I've always had with COD multiplayer are still there. Micro maps and spawn deaths. It's infurating that whenever I die, I'll get spawn killed several times in a row until I hit a safe spot. I thought maybe just maybe the devs ironed out my issues with these games after all this time but nope.

So i just finished bloodborne. pretty good game. i still get what the story is though lol.

i do have a few questions for those who finished it, so if you want to be spoiler free, please avoid my post.

So after i finished the game, it reset, i was at the start and i still had my bloodechos and all that shit but everything reset. wtf? i wanted to check if there where optional bosses i didnt find and go beat them. i am not at all willing to go and redo everything i did.

so i know chalice dungeons are procedural generated levels. do they need to be played online? is there match making? how do i do match making if there is lol? and does my level matter in it? any info on this would be great.

bananaking21 said:
So i just finished bloodborne. pretty good game. i still get what the story is though lol.

i do have a few questions for those who finished it, so if you want to be spoiler free, please avoid my post.

So after i finished the game, it reset, i was at the start and i still had my bloodechos and all that shit but everything reset. wtf? i wanted to check if there where optional bosses i didnt find and go beat them. i am not at all willing to go and redo everything i did.

so i know chalice dungeons are procedural generated levels. do they need to be played online? is there match making? how do i do match making if there is lol? and does my level matter in it? any info on this would be great.

I'll be honest with ya, I haven't beat it yet but I'm on my way with it. Once you complete the main story or kill the final boss in souls games, it will push the game into new game plus which is no different except everything is harder. It's good if you're trying to upgrade many weapons or you missed anything or if an npc died. 

I found a decent post from a different forum that explains chalice dungeons in detail. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71613736