By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

PGW 2015 = Amazing show, shitty crowd (sorry french)

PSX 2015 = shitty show, amazing crowd.

Like seriously, lot of FAN, real hardcore PlayStation FANs travel cross country for this so-called "PlayStation Experience" all the way from Europe to Japan, Canada to Brasil. Yet when they came, they experienced the 3 min of FFVII Remake, 2 more min of awesome Ninokuni II. And 5 min of Hoty Nathan while endured 2 hours of some aweful indies, VR gimmicks and more 3rd party...

See, this is a problem im talking about. the PlayStation has tons of exclusives, tons of major exclusives (Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, etc), tons of underrated exclusives (DREAM, Gravity Rush 2, etc) that not many people know and/or care much about it, so instead of using this PSX 2015 as an opportunity to showcase the amazing GAMES that you can ONLY EXPERIENCE on the PlayStation systems. But nope, Sony instead gave us more 3rd party and more indies than EVER.... not to mention of moar stupid remastered, waste of time and resources.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Welp, I understand why we'll never get PS3 emulation now, Sony can't even get PS2 emulation to run properly. Reading posts on NeoGAF that GTA 3 is a shitshow and the other 2 GTA games are "just" 30FPS.

Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy run quite well

bananaking21 said:
PSX was shit.

No Sony Santa Monica Game
No Sucker Punch
No Sony Bend
No Horizon
No Dreams
No TLG
No Gravity Rush
No London Heist
No GT Sport
No Wild
No Detroit
No Crash (they did flat out tease this)
No new interesting VR game announced, (that Ubisoft eagle game looked interesting to try experience. but doesnt seem to have depth really)
No PS VR release date or price
No big AAA first party game announced what so ever
No big AAA multiplate game announced what so ever
No Rime (seriously, when is this game coming out?!)

I think what we can take from the two PSX conferences is that it is not a place that Sony are going to announce big first party projects.

Hopefully people will be more realistic about it going forward. The fact that it is called Playstation Experience suggests that it is far more about the people going to the event and enjoying access to merchandise, developer talks, game demos etc. than it is about the conference. I thought God of War might be there, but I made the same mistake many others did.

I got more then what I expected XD

Cause I warn you guys of the indies and vr googh had corrupted you guys.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

poklane said:
Welp, I understand why we'll never get PS3 emulation now, Sony can't even get PS2 emulation to run properly. Reading posts on NeoGAF that GTA 3 is a shitshow and the other 2 GTA games are "just" 30FPS.

The other two games don't physically work past 30FPS.  Vice city and San andreas are about 10FPS higher than they were on ps2/ps3. 

These are the ultimate editions unless you play on pc with mods.. 

Gta 3 is the only one that runs like shit. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
PSX was shit.

No Sucker Punch
No Sony Bend
No Horizon
No Dreams
No TLG
No Gravity Rush
No London Heist
No GT Sport
No Wild
No Detroit
No new interesting VR game announced, (that Ubisoft eagle game looked interesting to try experience. but doesnt seem to have depth really)

I disagree and the fact they didn't show all that suggests e3 next year will be great.  

It's only 7 months away and they're not going to blow all announcents this psx.  2015 as a whole has been killer for ps4 announcements and probably the best year ever.  They spread them over 4 events.  The fact we got some new games was the icing on the cake. 

And ace combat qualifies as a big new VR game.  psx was the icing on the cake of an epic year of announcents.  

OneKartVita said:
poklane said:

The other two games don't physically work past 30FPS.  Vice city and San andreas are about 10FPS higher than they were on ps2/ps3. 

These are the ultimate editions unless you play on pc with mods.. 

Gta 3 is the only one that runs like shit. 

Ultimate editions? The PC versions are superior even without mods and you don't need a powerful PC for these games.

OneKartVita said:
bananaking21 said:
PSX was shit.

No Sucker Punch
No Sony Bend
No Horizon
No Dreams
No TLG
No Gravity Rush
No London Heist
No GT Sport
No Wild
No Detroit

I disagree and the fact they didn't show all that suggests e3 next year will be great.  

It's only 7 months away and they're not going to blow all announcents this psx.  2015 as a whole has been killer for ps4 announcements and probably the best year ever.  They spread them over 4 events.  The fact we got some new games was the icing on the cake. 

And ace combat qualifies as a big new VR game.  psx was the icing on the cake of an epic year of announcents.  

announce wise yes, PS4 has been killer this year. but PSX has been really bad. its been ALL about games we already know excluding Ni Nu Kuni, which is niche. there was a lot they could show. more horizon, TLG, Detroit, GT6, Wild, Matterfall. but they didnt. 

E3 and PGW were great, PSX was just horrid. 

bananaking21 said:
OneKartVita said:

announce wise yes, PS4 has been killer this year. but PSX has been really bad. its been ALL about games we already know excluding Ni Nu Kuni, which is niche. there was a lot they could show. more horizon, TLG, Detroit, GT6, Wild, Matterfall. but they didnt. 

E3 and PGW were great, PSX was just horrid. 

I'm sorry but not everyone is like you and only into AAA first party games.  

What's the point in showing the same shit over and over?  Like why waste time showing,  Detroit or no man's sky or gran turismo?  

They've had their spotlight now it's time for other games.  I think the show was perfect because it rounded off the year.  Basically every game that's coming has now been covered.  

And they saved their big gun new announcements for E3 because if they didn't they'd have fuck all and next e3 Microsoft could get huge publicity with people claiming they won.  

Psx is a Playstation community event and not E3. I'm sorry you had completely unrealistic expectations.  Maybe next year when we get a similar showing for the 3Rd year running you'll finally realise what psx is. 

also, who is excited for Farcry Primal? i think it looks great.

the problem is the release date. its way to close to Uncharted, just 3 weeks between the two. with my limited gaming time. i could finish Farcry Primal in 3 weeks if i rush it, but i like to enjoy my games and savor them. Specially Farcry games.