By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
BraLoD said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
DerNebel said:

http://personacentral.com/excerpt-of-famitsus-latest-persona-5-interview-with-katsura-hashino/

Apparently Persona 5 is "complete for the most part" and they are now increasing the quality and balance as well as tweaking a couple other things.

Why does something like that take until next summer D:

Maybe we'll be lucky and it'll get a worldwide release date. That's the only legitimate explanation I can think of at the moment.

I'm so feeling this game will not be coming to the PS3.

"we were improving it and realised it would be better to drop the PS3 version so we could get the most of it"

I am pretty confident it will get a PS3 version in Japan, whereas I'm not so sure the same will be true for the West. By the time Persona 5 releases in the West (Summer 2016 at the earliest), the PS3 will pretty much be dead. This holiday and Q1 2016 seem to be heavily geared towards eliminating last gen completely with all the current gen only games and big third party bundles.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

http://personacentral.com/excerpt-of-famitsus-latest-persona-5-interview-with-katsura-hashino/

Apparently Persona 5 is "complete for the most part" and they are now increasing the quality and balance as well as tweaking a couple other things.

Why does something like that take until next summer D:

You know how it is...

BraLoD said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I am pretty confident it will get a PS3 version in Japan, whereas I'm not sure the same will be true for the West. By the Persona 5 releases in the West (Summer 2016 at the earliest), the PS3 will pretty much be dead. This holiday and Q1 2016 seem to be heavily geared towards eliminating last gen completely.

I was planning to get it on the PS3, but yeah, even if it does come to it in Japan it maybe won't here.
Dammit, PS4 wants to have all the gaemz!

Wait, what? You own a PS4 though right? Why would you deliberately go for the worse version if that's the case?

BraLoD said:
DerNebel said:

Wait, what? You own a PS4 though right? Why would you deliberately go for the worse version if that's the case?

I own no PS4, BraLoD is a poor bastard!

Oh, I thought you did because you are always so excited about Disgaea 5.

BraLoD said:
DerNebel said:

Oh, I thought you did because you are always so excited about Disgaea 5.

Yeah I'm, but no PS4 for BraLoD.

Well that sucks.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

So since we're back at talking about Verendus today, he said that we'll get 3 more major WWS announcements this year, any guesses?

The first 4 major announcements to him were TLG, Horizon, Dreams and Gravity Rush 2.

I guess that the easiest choices would be GT7, GoW4 and Bends game. But there's also Sucker Punch and were does that freaking Japan Studio JRPG fit in?

1- GoW4 at PSX. Cory confirmed they were making this. SSM said next year it will have a bigger precense at PSX. Cory's SSM team has been working on this for about 2 years now. and it will most likely release end of 2016 or Q1 2017. so a PSX announcement seems like a good time. Announce it with a trailer at PSX, gameplay at E3.

2- GT7. this should, by the words of polyphony them selfs, release in 2016. holiday 2016 would give them 3 years between GT6 and GT7, same time between GT5 and GT6. thats if they work not working on a PS4 version earlier.

3- Quantic Dream's new game. people are saying this will be revealed at Paris game week. i know its technically not a WWS game, but Sony seems to treat them as such. and it will be a WWS published game after all. its been in development since mid 2012 for fucks sake, its about time we see it.

BraLoD said:
bananaking21 said:

1- GoW4 at PSX. Cory confirmed they were making this. SSM said next year it will have a bigger precense at PSX. Cory's SSM team has been working on this for about 2 years now. and it will most likely release end of 2016 or Q1 2017. so a PSX announcement seems like a good time. Announce it with a trailer at PSX, gameplay at E3.

2- GT7. this should, by the words of polyphony them selfs, release in 2016. holiday 2016 would give them 3 years between GT6 and GT7, same time between GT5 and GT6. thats if they work not working on a PS4 version earlier.

3- Quantic Dream's new game. people are saying this will be revealed at Paris game week. i know its technically not a WWS game, but Sony seems to treat them as such. and it will be a WWS published game after all. its been in development since mid 2012 for fucks sake, its about time we see it.

QD doesn't qualify,there.

It should be Bend horror game.

did he specifically say it wont qualify? 

bananaking21 said:
BraLoD said:

QD doesn't qualify,there.

It should be Bend horror game.

did he specifically say it wont qualify? 

Yeah, he did actually. Let me look for the post.

Edit: Found it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179618035&postcount=339

Time for Persona 5 scans!!!

Famitsu:

Dengeki:

Story

• Unlike Persona 3 and Persona 4Persona 5‘s story is designed to be like an “omnibus,” with no one specific enemy or criminal that the team chases after. Like a serial drama TV show, the Phantom Thieves change the targets they chase regularly.
  • A fundamental part of the story is the mystery behind a phone application called “Isekainabi” (“Otherworldnavi” or “Parallel World Navigation”). Using this app, the main characters discover the location of their targets and are able to infiltrate the other world known as “Palace” to steal the hearts of “rotten people.”
  • Unlike the protagonists and their friends in Persona 3 and Persona 4 who become directly involved together to solve a specific incident, the cast of Persona 5 are involved with social reformation and atonement.
  • “Palace” is the other world which responsible behind settings such as an old castle, pyramids, an art gallery, and more. These locations are fundamentally tied to Persona 5‘s background.

Characters

• The protagonist and his friends are troubled, and there is a part of them that feels they have lost their way. Because of this, they devote themselves to using the “Isekinabi” app suddenly granted to them in order to help others.
  • Ryuji Sakamoto meets the main character on the first day of school and kicks off the creation of the Phantom Thief team. His relationship with the protagonist is that of a “bad influence.”
  • Anne Takamaki is restrained in her daily life and feels she has lost her place in the world but, as a Phantom Thief, she is much more lively and energetic.
  • Morgana is the most “thief-like” member of the team and assumes the role of a guide for the other characters.
  • Yusuke Kitagawa has a certain problem of his own he is dealing with, and drama begins when he encounters the other characters. Yusuke, in particular, is tied to the “omnibus-like” story for “world reformation.”

Personas

• Every character’s initial Persona is designed to embody the concept of a “picaresque hero.” Characters awaken to them in specific parts of Palace, the alternate world inside people’s hearts.

Gameplay

• The SNS system seen in the PV03 trailer will have players chatting with other characters using phone text messages. This will allow players to personalize and expand their stories.
  • Players will be able to explore various locations in the Greater Tokyo Area, as seen in trailers.

Development

• Hashino reiterates that the scope of the game is very large, so the development team requires more time to properly finish it.

Persona 5 is slated to be released for the PS3 and PS4 in Japan in Summer 2016, with a 2016 North American release date.

Also this:

BraLoD said:
Great Stuff!
But hope there is at least one more main,character.

At least one more member has already kinda been confirmed through the trailer