By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
Samus Aran said:

Any game that scores over 95% is overrated.

That's a really bizarre generalization to make :p

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

1. It's not a different game, it's a remaster...

And we're talking about exclusives here, not multi-platform games. The Crash trilogy was only on one conso:le, TLOU is on two consoles.

2. A 5% difference isn't big. As for reviewing standards, who says they weren't more critical of an unproven developer (ND in the 90s) than of a proven developer (ND nowadays)?

Big name developer = more bias = bigger review scores

1. How is it a remaster? It's definitely a lot more different from Red/Blue (which by that logic should btw. have their sales seperated as well, since the original games were actually Red/Green and Blue came later, you really chose a poor example there), than TLOU:R is from TLOU.

And TLOU is on 2 consoles that combined have about the same userbase as the PS1 had, so I don't see the problem.

2. By the 3rd game (the only one that has a metascore) ND really wasn't as unproven as you try to make them out to be.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

1. First of all, do you seriously believe that Crash wasn't bundled? Second, how in the world is Pokemon Yellow a remaster of Blue/Red? It's a different game, by your logic crossgen versions of the same game shouldn't count as the sales of one game. Are we supposed to count GTA V on next gen as a seperate game from the 360/PS3 version as well and then the PC as another seperate version? Third I'm not saying Japan shouldn't count, I'm just saying that in large parts of the world UC2 & 3 have actually outsold the Crash games.

2. That still entirely ignores the difference in reviewing standards. Ocarina of Times original version has a 99 on metacritic, the remake has a 94, the original Halo CE has a 97, remake 82.

1. It's not a different game, it's a remaster...

And we're talking about exclusives here, not multi-platform games. The Crash trilogy was only on one conso:le, TLOU is on two consoles.

2. A 5% difference isn't big. As for reviewing standards, who says they weren't more critical of an unproven developer (ND in the 90s) than of a proven developer (ND nowadays)?

Big name developer = more bias = bigger review scores

Like DerNebel said about  gtav. I also agree that they are the same game just on different  platforms.

You are in the minority on this. Other companies make games that you would like so why does it matter to you? If you don't like the direction of ND games then don't buy them. I absolutely love them to death. Good games in a lot of people's  opinions gave them good scores. Most of the Mario games are really good games so they get good scores too. 

Zekkyou said:
Samus Aran said:

Not really. I don't believe 80+ critics thinking independantly of each other cannot find a single flaw in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhRFWSmFGg

Watch this review of TLOU, it goes over its many flaws and merits. It's probably the only decent review of TLOU in existence.

Samus Aran said:
Jimbo1337 said:

You argue:

"The first Uncharted had 88% and the last had 92%. So that's lie #2."

and then argue what is in bold. It doesn't get much better than that.

Your comment has nothing to do with the point that I was making.   Furthermore, you threw out an arbitrary number that was also higher than the above mentioned games.

Your point?

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
Samus Aran said:

Your comment has nothing to do with the point that I was making.   Furthermore, you threw out an arbitrary number that was also higher than the above mentioned games.

Your point?

Let it go, mang.

DerNebel said:

1. How is it a remaster? It's definitely a lot more different from Red/Blue (which by that logic should btw. have their sales seperated as well, since the original games were actually Red/Green and Blue came later, you really chose a poor example there), than TLOU:R is from TLOU.

And TLOU is on 2 consoles that combined have about the same userbase as the PS1 had, so I don't see the problem.

2. By the 3rd game (the only one that has a metascore) ND really wasn't as unproven as you try to make them out to be.

It's painfully obvious that you have not played Pokémon red/blue and yellow.

Oh and you can't just add two userbases (PS3 and PS4) and say it equals the PS1. There's no 1:1 linear correlation between increasing sales of games and increase of userbase. That's why MP1 sold more on the GC than MP3 on the Wii... I hope you see how terrible that argument of yours is. Also, I'm sure there are a lot of people who bought TLOU: R despite already owning the original. The early adaptors of a certain console are the same people who buy the most games on average. Because they're hardcore fans.

Samus Aran said:
Carl2291 said:

Sales, awards and standing in the industry says yes, yes they have.

The Crash Bandicoot trilogy sold more than the Uncharted trilogy, so that's lie #1 (on a console that was rampant with piracy no less). The only Crash Bandicoot game on metacritic that was made by them has 91%. The other 2 in the trilogy are sadly not listed on metacritic. The first Uncharted had 88% and the last had 92%. So that's lie #2.

As for their standing in the industry, the longer you produce quality games in the industry, the more your reputation will rise. They were a new and (relatively) unproven studio during the Crash Bandicoot days.

The Last of Us is far more popular than Crash Bandicoot so I fail to see your point about sales.

Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us are far more critically acclaimed than Crash Bandicoot so that point is nonsense too.

Your final point is groundless conjecture. No offense but why do you post such nonsense?

First impression of witcher 3. Looks good in PS4. But frame rate isnt perfect.

Samus Aran said:
Zekkyou said:

Not really. I don't believe 80+ critics thinking independantly of each other cannot find a single flaw in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhRFWSmFGg

Watch this review of TLOU, it goes over its many flaws and merits. It's probably the only decent review of TLOU in existence.

A game can have flaws and be given a 10. Most critics use it to represent something that's the best/among the best of what they've played. If 10 represented perfection, something we can't define without knowing the absolute technological and design peaks of gaming in the future, the whole scale becomes undefinable.

Regardless, i personally think 95 is a good numerical representation of TLOU (In the context of the scale normally used in gaming) ^^. Sames goes for UC2 and SMG1/2, three other games rated 95+. You don't have to agree, but disagreeing doesn't make them inherently overrated.