By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wil Nintendo Servers crash May 30th ??

Servers crash on May 30th ?

Yes, Mk8 servers 74 41.11%

No 69 38.33%

Nintendo Network on Wii u... 18 10.00%

Doom 17 9.44%

Total:178

Didn't the Pokemon Bank manage to crash the network?

Around the Network
mine said:

On the gaming side MK8 is a mostly "harmless" besides the voice chats. But these can be calculated and as all streams of a private game could be handled on one server - this scales also very well.

They're doing voice chat in this game?  I have been living under a rock for awhile now, and haven't heard... If so, cool! I need to get a headset.

cannonballZ said:
I would not be surprised if they were unprepared.

It wouldn't be the first time, but they're shutting down Wii and DS servers to help with the new NN servers. They're taking action to avoid what happened with  Pokemon Bank.

Funny how the internet is twisting things again.
Some people say the Wii servers are going off because the company hosting them for Nintendo is gone. Others say it's all Nintendo and instead of buying new hardware for Wii U they just put their Wii U stuff on the old servers.

I don't say any of these are true, though.
Mario Kart 8 will definitely be not playable online for at least some people when it releases. Some territories are always suffering during the first days of a game. Even if the game and servers are perfectly tested, it's all just simulations of thousands of connections.

mine said:
Nintendo has learned to SCALE after the christmas debacle. They can setup within a MINUTE new servers. I guess they might even use Amazon EC2 for this.

Back then they used akamai, for sure. Don't know what they use currently.

Around the Network

This is Nintendo we are talking about, so you never know!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

No.

But I do think too many people will try playing at too low of a connection speed though.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Gaming since 1990

After Nintendos' predictions for the next year they must have no idea how many people are going to play Mario Kart 8 online. So yes, it will be awful.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.