By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Rating Game. Burnout Revenge vs Need For Speed:HP vs Midnight Club.

Burnout Revenge vs Need For Speed:HP 2 vs Midnight Club 3

Need For Speed :HP 2 6 23.08%

Midnight Club 3 :Dub Edition 6 23.08%

Burnout Revenge 13 50.00%

I hate racing games, Neither 0 0%

It's a 3 way tie 1 3.85%

Total:26

Were back at it again. This time is all about burning rubber.

Racing games have come a long way from the sprites of the arcade classics such as Outrun and Pole Position to the power house graphical splender of Forza and Gran Turismo. 

This battle is  all about the Arcade Racer.

As gamer's, we have always had choices, choice of either a Sim racer or a more free form Arcade racer style.  There a vast amount  of good Arcade racing games on the market, but today the battle will be between,

- Burnout Revenge ( PS2/XBOX )

- Need For Speed Hot Persuit 2 ( Gamecube/PS2/XBOX ) 

- Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition ( PS2/XBOX )

Which game was your favorite ?

Which was the best overall racer ?

What made your choice so special ?

Around the Network

Burnout Revenge was the best. It was such a good game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Burnout Revenge

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. It's a simcade btw, not really arcade racer.

>_> i played those like 9! years ago... I don't remember which was better and why.. I don't even know where I stored those game away..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Midnight Club 3, although I didn't play NFS HP 2. 

you should have added BURNOUT 3 TAKEDOWN

it was the best Burnout and brought in the most enhancements,burnout revenge was too heavy and tried to be refinement over burnout 3 takedown which couldn't be refined further

The same thing happened with Burnout Paradise,they fucked it up.

NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT by Criterion was also very nice,one of my favorite games.Very close to perfect but lacked certain things as takedown which Criterion should have added.

i would like another Need for Speed by Criterion and another Burnout of they could add both of they and make the best racing game ever.

kupomogli said:

simcade? wtf is that?

Burnout Revenge......Mostly, because it's the only one out of the three which I played!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Turkish said:
kupomogli said:

simcade? wtf is that?

Games that are both arcade like and simulation like, but don't push the simulation aspect to the extreme detail of games like Gran Turismo or Forza.  Games like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit(PSX,) Hot Pursuit 2, Test Drive Unlimited, etc are simcade.  Games like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (PS360,) Ridge Racer, etc, are arcade.     

Although most games have arcade in them, even when they're simulation.  Gran Turismo for example.  You go 100+ mph head on into a wall and only you might be pulling to one side while you're driving.  In real life you might not even be alive.