By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ayrton Senna's tribute

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
darkchepito said:

I think Ayrton Senna is indeed  biggest hero in Brazil.

But most people forget about Nelson Piquet, a hero with same archiev as Senna, but hated by Globo, the most popular and powerful TV on Brazil.

Of course people remember Piquet in a low level, I said that Senna was the last hero, not the only xD, but he moved the masses way more indeed because of the Globo coverage that he had, but he deserved it and made it by being a amazing man.
And my thread got a first comment? Nice, did you signed in because of this thread that you wanted to give your opinion? :D

Yeah first comment here :) I just did my profile

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

James Hunt won with a inferior car of course if Lauda wouln't have gotten severly injured at the Ring and missed a bunch of races wouldn't even been close in the final standing.  Also when Senna won the title in 1988 he actually won it with one of the best F1 cars of all time the McLaren Honda MP4/4.

Never said no one won with a worst car. Said that when Schumacher started winning most of it was with a car so superior that we didn't even cared, same for most of the others after.

In 88 Senna had the best car, but his rival was already bi-champeon and had the same Car as him. That is what is rare, to have two top notch drivers in the best car and permission to battle.

How many of the world champions could have won with a brabham?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

artur-fernand said:
BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
Fiori tastic man and country hero being homage by a superb company in a fantastic game... That is a combo breaker.

Indeed, he was our last hero.

I guess your forgetting that Brazil won the World Cup in 2002.

Hell no.
I'm sorry, but no one in that cup has the pride that Senna has over here. People just love Senna, he was a true hero here.
Even we being know for football (or soccer, as you wish), was a driver ous last hero.
People don't like Ronaldo at all (liked in the world cup, but he turned to be a disaster around here).
People like Marcos (Palmeiras fans mostly, but overall people too, but not even close to what Senna was).
People forgot Rivaldo.
People forgot Roberto Carlos.
People forgot Cafu.
People like Felipão (still like it, but not that much, can't compare to Senna).
People still like Ronaldinho a bit...
But Senna is in a complete other level. (Would compare it to São Paulo fans, like me, that have Rogério Ceni as a hero, but nationally, Senna wins by a lot).

"A disaster"? What? Sure, his popularity dropped a little because of a particular incident (yes, that one), but everyone likes Ronaldo. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Senna is still bigger, though I will dare to say that's because he died an early death. I wonder what would happen if he was still alive.

Anyway, Senna was not our last "hero".

Hahahha Ronaldo dropped a lot with that, then more when saying he turned from rooting for flamengo and turned one more crazy in the bunch, and is hitting rock bottom with the world cup fiasco on his speeches.

He gone from being admired by most brazilians to being supported by just one team cheercrowd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

James Hunt won with a inferior car of course if Lauda wouln't have gotten severly injured at the Ring and missed a bunch of races wouldn't even been close in the final standing.  Also when Senna won the title in 1988 he actually won it with one of the best F1 cars of all time the McLaren Honda MP4/4.

Never said no one won with a worst car. Said that when Schumacher started winning most of it was with a car so superior that we didn't even cared, same for most of the others after.

In 88 Senna had the best car, but his rival was already bi-champeon and had the same Car as him. That is what is rare, to have two top notch drivers in the best car and permission to battle.

All of Senna's championships came with McLaren and Nelson Piquet is the only driver that won a championship driving a Brabham in 1983.   Lauda was with them for a couple of years but did terrible.  Over the last 20 years its definetly about having the best cars and has become very predictable even though Vettle is currently still the best driver with the car he has at the moment he has no chance of winning the championship.  Its pretty much a conclusion that it will either Hamilton or Rosberg will win the title and Mercedes Benz will easily win the constructers title.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said

In 88 Sennand the best car, but his rival was already bi-champeon and had the same Car as him. That is what is rare, to have two top notch drivers in the best car and permission to battle.

All of Senna's championships came with McLaren and Nelson Piquet is the only driver that won a championship driving a Brabham in 1983.   Lauda was with them for a couple of years but did terrible.  Over the last 20 years its definetly about having the best cars and has become very predictable even though Vettle is currently still the best driver with the car he has at the moment he has no chance of winning the championship.  Its pretty much a conclusion that it will either Hamilton or Rosberg will win the title and Mercedes Benz will easily win the constructers title.

I'm not talking about the brabham of 83, but the trash Senna drove. Piquet was a fantastic driver but on a lesser plato. The third championship of Senna the McLaren were inferior to williams (and had prost against - a lot consider him the second greatest).

Don't forget that the fantastic car in one year may become trash the other. As ferrari agaisnt braun, and then braun against rbr and now rbr against mercedes.

Around the Network

I probably think so also the only reason he doesn't have the lead is because he didn't finish the first race.

Chris Hu said:

I probably think so also the only reason he doesn't have the lead is because he didn't finish the first race.

Hamilton is a lot better than rosberg, I liked him until he won against massa. Vettel is superb and I can't stand Alonso.

That is true most cars only dominate for one or two years.  That being said since I was born in Germany I'm pretty happy that Mercedes Benz will win their first constructer championship by themselves without the aid of McLaren.

I still cry over his death.
He was the best I´ve ever seen!!

Ayrton, I'm a BIG fan of him !
He's the greatest GP driver ever ~
I'll never forget him, much love