By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ayrton Senna's tribute

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
People complain about bashing and flaming on the forum... but they basically are the only kind of threads to get high counts... some of the praising (on videogame side) get a lot of comments, but sure there will be a little bashing as well... but the pure joy threads basically die fast.

That's not true.
The human being is a competitive animal so he always is getting catched by polemic stuff and all the things where opinions differs, as he can try to be superior and confort that need that his brain has of it. But people focus their atention in what they are interested. The fact that even one people get here to see what this thread was about makes me fell good knowing that are people interested into it, but they ones that didn't came just where doing what interested them and they are right to do it, we can't force people to do what they don't want to do.
I appreciate that you and some other people came here and shared your thoughts, that's what counts :D

No problem BraLoD... but I aint even singling out this thread... any thread that isn't heated discussion or overjoying a game don't get much attention.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It is a good car to drive ;)

pokoko said:
DonFerrari said:
People complain about bashing and flaming on the forum... but they basically are the only kind of threads to get high counts... some of the praising (on videogame side) get a lot of comments, but sure there will be a little bashing as well... but the pure joy threads basically die fast.

Well ... part of the problem on this site would be that a significant portion of those who visit these forums know next to nothing about F1.  It has very little traction in the United States in the modern era.  

I know that, but even the F1 threads every race get a little more traction. But I was talking more in the general term. If someone can't overhype something from their company of choice or bash the competitor (even if stealth or by argumentating a lot) rare threads get high level of good discussion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

pokoko said:
DonFerrari said:

Well ... part of the problem on this site would be that a significant portion of those who visit these forums know next to nothing about F1.  It has very little traction in the United States in the modern era.  

It certainly has lost a lot of steam since the '90s here in the US

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Still remember his horrible accident just too good  That was the time when I started to watch this sport. Well, I think around one year before this happened.

Around the Network

I think Ayrton Senna is indeed  biggest hero in Brazil.

But most people forget about Nelson Piquet, a hero with same archiev as Senna, but hated by Globo, the most popular and powerful TV on Brazil.

BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
A fantastic man and country hero being homage by a superb company in a fantastic game... That is a combo breaker.

Indeed, he was our last hero.

I guess your forgetting that Brazil won the World Cup in 2002.

Hell no.
I'm sorry, but no one in that cup has the pride that Senna has over here. People just love Senna, he was a true hero here.
Even we being know for football (or soccer, as you wish), was a driver ous last hero.
People don't like Ronaldo at all (liked in the world cup, but he turned to be a disaster around here).
People like Marcos (Palmeiras fans mostly, but overall people too, but not even close to what Senna was).
People forgot Rivaldo.
People forgot Roberto Carlos.
People forgot Cafu.
People like Felipão (still like it, but not that much, can't compare to Senna).
People still like Ronaldinho a bit...
But Senna is in a complete other level. (Would compare it to São Paulo fans, like me, that have Rogério Ceni as a hero, but nationally, Senna wins by a lot).

"A disaster"? What? Sure, his popularity dropped a little because of a particular incident (yes, that one), but everyone likes Ronaldo. I'm not sure what you're talking about. Senna is still bigger, though I will dare to say that's because he died an early death. I wonder what would happen if he was still alive.

Anyway, Senna was not our last "hero".

darkchepito saidsthink Ayrton Senna is indeed  biggest hero in Brazil.

But most people forget about Nelson Piquet, a hero with same archiev as Senna, but hated by Globo, the most popular and powerful TV on Brazil.

He isn't at the same level than Senna, he was a great driver but never a hero to brazilian, maybe he lacked the charisma. The only equal ground would be the number of world titles, Senna basically made him retire.

James Hunt won with a inferior car of course if Lauda wouln't have gotten severly injured at the Ring and missed a bunch of races Hunt wouldn't even been close in the final standing.  Also when Senna won the title in 1988 he actually won it with one of the best F1 cars of all time the McLaren Honda MP4/4.

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

That's not true.
The human being is a competitive animal so he always is getting catched by polemic stuff and all the things where opinions differs, as he can try to be superior and confort that need that his brain has of it. But people focus their atention in what they are interested. The fact that even one people get here to see what this thread was about makes me fell good knowing that are people interested into it, but they ones that didn't came just where doing what interested them and they are right to do it, we can't force people to do what they don't want to do.
I appreciate that you and some other people came here and shared your thoughts, that's what counts :D

No problem BraLoD... but I aint even singling out this thread... any thread that isn't heated discussion or overjoying a game don't get much attention.

Seems like peaceful threads tend to be peacefully taken and don't get much attention, and heated threads tend to be heatedly taken and get more attention, well that's karma xD

That is life, human are polemic people.