By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tons of Indies Announced to PS4 (13), Vita (2) and PS3 (1)

I'm starting to get sick of side scrolling pixelated games. This is not what I bought a PS4 for.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

I wonder is Sony has done this to show games are coming but also to get the indie side out of the way before E3, so they don't get the hassle they did last year of... wheres the AAA/Stop showing indie games brigade.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

adriane23 said:
naruball said:
adriane23 said:
My thread voicing my concerns from 3 months ago.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178811&page=1

So far, SONY has been good at picking what comes on the console and I'm sure these are all quality games in their own right. But still....

Just read the OP of your thread and though I see where you're coming from, you need to realize that what you consider as trash, others might find fun and enjoyable. For me the game Wii Play is one of the worst games that has been released. Very little content and by no means worth the 40 euro I paid for. My sister on the other hand loved it and thought it was a great game. No matter how bad a game is, you can't/shouldn't call it trash, in my opinion, because it still might have an audience. I don't see anything wrong with more games on ps4, unless they take the spotlight from games that probably deserve more attention from Sony.

Yeah.....I'm gonna go ahead and dismiss everything you said.

Following your example, I'm gonna dismiss everything you posted, cuz such attitude only leads to great things. 

ghettoglamour said:
I'm starting to get sick of side scrolling pixelated games. This is not what I bought a PS4 for.

You know you don't have to buy them, right? 

kitler53 said:
announced yesterday but you might as well add chariot to that list...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/30/chariot-coming-to-ps4/

Added... thanks.

Around the Network
Madword said:
I wonder is Sony has done this to show games are coming but also to get the indie side out of the way before E3, so they don't get the hassle they did last year of... wheres the AAA/Stop showing indie games brigade.

if the 1000 indie developers thing is true,..  they can probably announce a couple dozen before E3 and still have the "real gems" to show off at E3.  i fully expect some form of an indie showcase at E3 just to keep the good will rolling.  probably just a handful and they'll be the best availible.  things like the witness and transitor that have good visual appeal and a chance to excite a larger audience than axiom verge which looks awesome but only caters to a niche crowd.

adriane23 said:
My thread voicing my concerns from 3 months ago.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178811&page=1

So far, SONY has been good at picking what comes on the console and I'm sure these are all quality games in their own right. But still....

This is called diversity.

What is bad for you can't be for others... you need to choose careful what you want to play.

For example I bought almost all Indies released util now and the only bad game was Basement Crawl.... all the others are above 6/10 with most solid 8/10 and some amazing 9/10 in my reviews scale... the best game on PS4 right now is a Indie (best than any on Xbone too).

adriane23 said:

Yeah.....I'm gonna go ahead and dismiss everything you said.

Ohhhhh I had so much fun with Street Fighter Movie... the gameplay was meh but the game was fun... played hours and hours.

So disappointed in where Sony's taking PS4. It's loaded with indys and maybe 2/10 are worth playing. I'm not saying everything has to be a blockbuster but why'd I pay big money for a console that's giving me games that feel like the only thing required to fun them is Flash Player?

ghettoglamour said:

My sentiments exactly! Why put out such a beefed up machine to inundate it when software made in some guy's basement?