By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm downloading Child of Light. What should I expect?

I still have to wait 21 hours until steam unlocks it...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

It is a very good game. I've played it for around 2 hours, the art style and the battle system keeps the game always interesting, the story is overall nice, but I can't say if the dialogues are as entertaining in English (I'm playing in Brazilian Portuguese) because it was written to sound like a poem.

From what I'm hearing it ranges from good to great in the reviews.

The only average review from Ausgamers was in my opinion not taking into account the cost of the game.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

19.99€ less on your bank account

kowenicki said:
zehh25 said:

It is a very good game. I've played it for around 2 hours, the art style and the battle system keeps the game always interesting, the story is overall nice, but I can't say if the dialogues are as entertaining in English (I'm playing in Brazilian Portuguese) because it was written to sound like a poem.

its a rhyming poem in english.

I know, but does it sound good in English? Some reviewers were complaining about that...

Ubisoft always does a good work with the translations to our language, but generally there are so many grammar mistakes in other companies' games.

Around the Network

I only played the Demo, but I had fun! I'll be picking it up when I get money :D. I spent the money I was going to use buying it on XIV -cough- My sub had ended ;_;

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I dunno but it looks pretty awesome and is on my ever Increasing wishlist.

RCTjunkie said:

Just got it out of an impulsive buy. I heard it's good, but I saw very little gameplay and dono't really know what to expect.

Anyone have any opinions? Anyone else getting the game?

You can expect awesomeness like this!!!

Admirable art, but I can't take a turn based and 2D game in 2014 seriously. Maybe a few years ago, I would have kept it on my HD to play every now and again. Still haven't completed Deadlight, Dust, Mark of Ninja and I dont think I ever will.

kowenicki said:
zehh25 said:
kowenicki said:
zehh25 said:

its a rhyming poem in english.

I know, but does it sound good in English? Some reviewers were complaining about that...

Ubisoft always does a good work with the translations to our language, but generally there are so many grammar mistakes in other companies' games.

I thought it was written in English first...

It was, but they needed to write new dialogues to adapt to other languages, otherwise it would really suck. I liked it in my language, but some people said that English text is a little forced sometimes.