By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony make original TV shows for PS4?

People have VERY short memories..

1. Original programming has ALREADY been announced for PlayStation.
2. Sony announced in January that they would be offering a CLOUD based TV service by the end of the YEAR. This WILL be coming to PlayStation 3 and 4.

I swear.. none of you even pay attention.. even SONY knows.. its not GAMES GAMES GAMES. These are entertainment devices.. Its not called SONY GAME COMPANY.. it is Sony Computer Entertainment. LOL.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

You really want more of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tester

Just leave it to http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/ to make tv shows.

SvennoJ said:

You really want more of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tester

Just leave it to http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/ to make tv shows.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Haven't they with the Tester and the GT contest?

DerNebel said:
I'd say no, I find the idea that someone would pay $400-500 for a machine just so he can watch a couple "exlusive" (cause lets be honest, how long is it really going to take until these shows hit the internet?) shows questionable and if it doesn't make people buy the system, why bother making the show exclusive?

MS plan with the original TV shows is not a very good one IMO and Sony shouldn't follow suit.

This post sums it up perfectly.

Amazon will have a tough road ahead trying to get a lot of people aboard their $100 Fire TV, it's very improbable that MS will attract additional sales for their $500 behemoth. 

Basically, they are spending a lot of money to give their current users something to watch when not playing games...or streaming Netflix...or HBO...or ESPN...or hundreds of other TV channels...and thousands of shows available through their HDMI In port...

There is absolutely no reason for Playstation to waste money on stuff like that, eypecially since Sony has other companies that already make films and series and make a lot of money from a worldwide audience.

Around the Network

i think they already are. i even think one is already announced

Sony fanboys will hate on TV for PlayStation... until Sony releases their announced cloud TV service.

Then it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

No why ristrict your audience by make it exclusive to playstation 4 when this tv things won`t do anything to playstation 4 sale

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Fusioncode said:

Okay forget the following suit comment, I'm not sure why you're so hung up on that. This isn't a Sony vs MS thread, don't turn it into one. I'm just asking for opinions. 

Semantics bug me more than bad grammar as it can perpetuate false information... To me the question sounded the same as if you would have asked since the ps4 has party chat should the xone follow suit and add that to the xone features... which they obviously had on their last gen console and announced as a feature of the xone prior to the xone release...

its not a console war thing at all its a factual information thing...

more to the point though I did enjoy pulse and tester on ps3 and am looking forward to powers, while not a system seller idea its still kind of a nice extra to have on a console. I hope they both do well with this endeavor.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

cpg716 said:
Sony fanboys will hate on TV for PlayStation... until Sony releases their announced cloud TV service.

Then it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank