By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY's E3, 12 Month Mega Bomb.

Who wins Holiday 2014- Holiday 2015 ?

Playstation 4's line up too strong. 283 52.90%

Wii-U Crushes all. 75 14.02%

XBOne with a historic comeback. 52 9.72%

I have no idea, but my popcorn is ready. 113 21.12%

Other. 12 2.24%

Total:535
TheBlackNaruto said:
GamechaserBE said:
Gamers are going to win this E3, only fanboys discus which company made the better announcements.

So because someone has a discussion about who they felt had a better conference/made better announcements they are a fanboy?.....great logic there.

Mostly yes, those disscussions always end in a lot of people getting banned because they want push their favourite company as the best one, that feeling of pushing your favourite company as the best one and defending it..Well that is only done by fanboys really.. After E3 we probably have for each thread talking about how MS and Sony announced nice games we will get 25 threads from users defending one company how it won E3 and how the other one failed... 

Around the Network

Sony's E3 should be great and they will have a great lineup but God of War 4 is either coming out March 2016 or November 2016, March 2015 is way too early.

sales2099 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
sales2099 said:

This is probably going to be quoted to death, but unless every PS3 exclusive pulls an Infamous and sells better because PS4 is selling better, those bottom 3 IP's are all on a decline.

Also it wouldn't make much sense to blow their biggest load in 12 months when it could be spread out through the gen and sprinkle the gaps with new IPs and lesser known exclusives.

LBP maybe, but Saying GOW and GT are on a decline is completely disingenuous. Ascension was a prequel/spin off that focused on multiplayer, and its performance is in no way representative of the series as a whole. GT6 released on the PS3 RIGHT AFTER the PS4 launched, which is obviously going to negatively affect its sales potential. If a mainline Halo game released exclusively for the 360 right after the X1 launch, you can be damn sure it would see much lower sales than previous installments. But it would be utterly moronic of someone to use that as evidence of franchise decline.

If people say Gears of War Judgement is on a decline or "dead" as a IP then that also applies to GOW. Same month, both prequels, yadayada. Both games performance is representative of the fanbases current interest in the series as a whole.

Write Sony a letter if you think they cannabilized their own flagship exclusive GT. Doesn't change results. I thought GT fans were special or the IP was special.....

That's not true at all.

• Firstly, Ascension has sold far more than Judgment, according to NPD & Chart Track Ascension was undertracked on Vgchartz and Judgment was overtracked. Ascension has sold roughly 2m LTD at retail whereas Judgment has sold about 1.3m. (Not including digital since we have no 100% legit info on that).
  • Secondly, Ascension has far stronger legs so it will reach something like 3m lifetime at retail, Judgment won't even hit 2m with its poor legs.
  • Thirdly, Ascension deviated from the tradition formula with its multiplayer focus which alienated a huge chunk of fans and made for a sub-par single player experience so its performance doesn't really represent the fan bases current interest since the game. Judgment on the other hand is the same old Gears of War so there was nothing to alienate fans, it's just a poor quality game that has killed peoples interest in the series.
  • Finally, Ascension is down on God of War III, a.k.a the biggest GoW, at the same time by about 50% whereas Judgment is down on Gears of War 3, the lowest selling mainline GoW atm, by about 70%. Judgments drop is significantly more.

In the end, neither series is in trouble. Both prequels were sub-par or strayed away from what fans grew to love about them, I'm sure Gears of war 4 & God of War 4 can rekindle the love a chunk of the fans lost. They are both Sony's & Microsofts 2nd biggest franchises and I'm sure both will do their best to make sure both series return as acclaimed & popular as ever.

Gran Turismo 6 was just one big mistake, the game is too similar to GT5 so people just stuck with 5. Also it launched just after the PS4 which hurt and didn't get much in terms of advertisement. It also shared bundles with The Last of Us and obviously more people chose that.

Uncharted 4 will not release in 2014. maybe 2015. Maybe.

GT7 will not release before 2016.

GOW possibly will arrive Xmas 2015 or 2016.

LBP is not a system seller.

Sony have already struggled with hitting dates they claim ( Driveclub ) and are heavily relying on Indie titles right now.

I hope Im wrong as Microsoft seem to be very open about the fact they have huge amounts of Exclusive AAA titles this E3 and new IP's. I think Sony will get blown away exclusive wise this E3. Phil Spencer also said there are studios First party we don't even know about yet working on AAA games also to b revealed at E3. We need competition.

Whether you agree with me or not we will find out very soon.

Ms will most likely have a strong e3 too this year though ahah.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
kupomogli said:

Let's be serious here.  When has Sony actually had a good E3 and by good E3, I mean not worse than both Microsoft and Nintendo? I'm not talking about winning simply because of a price announcement, etc. I'm talking about winning E3 because of all the games. Every single E3 Sony has showed the least amount of interesting "new" games.. On E3 2012 half of the entire conference was Wonderbook, something that was a complete waste because not even the people it was aimed towards wanted it..

Sony has had best E3s since 2009 onwards.  Sure a few crappy moments in a  conference or two like Wonderbook, but Nintendos have all been awful, MS all had ridiculous amounts of Kinect, Sports talk, kids and multiplats including a yearly CoD video that looks like every other CoD.  Sony conferences have always shown off a decent amount of exclusives compared to MS, especially in the last 3 years since MS has had almost nothing while Sony kept supporting PS3.

Microsoft had more exclusive games last E3. They showed all core games the whole E3. Only the DRM thing marred MS win. Gamewise they stommped all over Sony last E3.

LittleBigPlanet 3 or don't even bother showing up!

GamechaserBE said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
GamechaserBE said:
Gamers are going to win this E3, only fanboys discus which company made the better announcements.

So because someone has a discussion about who they felt had a better conference/made better announcements they are a fanboy?.....great logic there.

Mostly yes, those disscussions always end in a lot of people getting banned because they want push their favourite company as the best one, that feeling of pushing your favourite company as the best one and defending it..Well that is only done by fanboys really.. After E3 we probably have for each thread talking about how MS and Sony announced nice games we will get 25 threads from users defending one company how it won E3 and how the other one failed... 

Those are just those people. There is never anything wrong with discussing who you felt made teh best presentation. the people who defend their company no matter what even if their showing was lacking or they are doing poorly....then yeah call them that lol. But even then as a sports fan I am down for my team sink or swim so I don't know I am indifferent about some stuff I guess.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

selnor1983 said:
Uncharted 4 will not release in 2014. maybe 2015. Maybe.

GT7 will not release before 2016.

GOW possibly will arrive Xmas 2015 or 2016.

LBP is not a system seller.

Sony have already struggled with hitting dates they claim ( Driveclub ) and are heavily relying on Indie titles right now.

I hope Im wrong as Microsoft seem to be very open about the fact they have huge amounts of Exclusive AAA titles this E3 and new IP's. I think Sony will get blown away exclusive wise this E3. Phil Spencer also said there are studios First party we don't even know about yet working on AAA games also to b revealed at E3. We need competition.

Whether you agree with me or not we will find out very soon.

They struggled with one date (driveclub), and LBP is indeed a system seller if you ask me. As for the other games you mentioned fair points in my eyes. And Sony is getting a lot of support via indies right now not heavily relying on them there is a difference. They are fine exclusive wise right now with the games they currently have for a 6 month old console. They have major 3rd party support(as does MS) so games on the PS4 is not an issue. Deals with exclusive content also help their case(as it helped the 360 last gen).

I think they are going to have a very solid E3 with some great games to show. And about MS being so open about exclusive AAA titles well in my opinon they are doing that because they HAVE to be open about it. They do not have a strong history of exclusive AAA title support for their system while Sony does so they really do not HAVE to do it because they have been VERY consistent with doing it even when those games don't always sell all that well. But honestly I think both companies will have a solid E3 and will announce some great games. so I am looking forward to what both have to offer!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

KylieDog said:
kupomogli said:

Let's be serious here.  When has Sony actually had a good E3 and by good E3, I mean not worse than both Microsoft and Nintendo? I'm not talking about winning simply because of a price announcement, etc. I'm talking about winning E3 because of all the games. Every single E3 Sony has showed the least amount of interesting "new" games.. On E3 2012 half of the entire conference was Wonderbook, something that was a complete waste because not even the people it was aimed towards wanted it..

Sony has had best E3s since 2009 onwards.  Sure a few crappy moments in a  conference or two like Wonderbook, but Nintendos have all been awful, MS all had ridiculous amounts of Kinect, Sports talk, kids and multiplats including a yearly CoD video that looks like every other CoD.  Sony conferences have always shown off a decent amount of exclusives compared to MS, especially in the last 3 years since MS has had almost nothing while Sony kept supporting PS3.

I don't know, Kylie. Nintendo's E3 2010 conference was pretty darn good from what I remember!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---