By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/US Software April 19th up!

wary-wallaroo said:
Aerys said:
Now i understand why Neogaf banned VGC

Yup, won't be questioing that any further. I even argued on GAF that VGC wasn't that, but these past few months. Man, how wrong I was. 

It's obvious VGC will just keep putting the X1 ahead month after month, even if common sense and the truth says otherwise. 

the question here is why? why would they keep posting xb1 numbers higher than PS4 in the usa when for the past 3 months NPD has proved that didnt happen. so, why does VGC keep posting so?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Aerys said:
Now i understand why Neogaf banned VGC

Yup, won't be questioing that any further. I even argued on GAF that VGC wasn't that, but these past few months. Man, how wrong I was. 

It's obvious VGC will just keep putting the X1 ahead month after month, even if common sense and the truth says otherwise. 

the question here is why? why would they keep posting xb1 numbers higher than PS4 in the usa when for the past 3 months NPD has proved that didnt happen. so, why does VGC keep posting so?

Honestly I have no idea. I've always head the rumors that this site is run by an Xbox fanboy but didn't give it any weight and I still don't (or at least, I'd hope not). The only thing I can think of is that there's something wrong with whatever algorhytm or equation he uses, or maybe something wrong with the source of his samples (I've no idea how he goes about it).  Though who knows, IOI was a poster on Neogaf and he did get banned for posting phony numbers that tended to make the 360 look good. 

Now with that said, if X1 comes out on top in April NPD, I'll gladly eat crow, but I very much doubt that. 

Pirateogta said:
XB1: 92,000 in 13 countries at $500
PS4: 128,000 in 72 countries at $400

If this keeps up, Sony is in big trouble!

Damn right, time to sell some buildings!!

This site's numbers slide further into irrelevance. Kinda sad.

I honestly have no explanation for Xbox One rising. Does ioi get his numbers from big retail sources?

Around the Network

Kinda shows why Neogaf banned this site.

like most other months i expect ps4 adjusted up and vb1 down.

Keep this up and the few people who find the numbers from this site credible, will begin doubting them as well.

Shadow1980 said:
The PS4 has consistently been ranked above the XBO on Best Buy, GameStop, and Wal-mart's websites as well as Amazon.com ever since they've kept a steady supply. On Amazon, it's ranked #6 among all video game products for the month of April while the XBO is ranked #24; they are at #6 and #40 respectively for the current hour. While this is just online stores, I think it provides a significant enough cross-section of the retail market to suggest that the PS4 is outselling the XBO in the U.S. This is also consistent with NPD showing that the PS4 has been outselling the XBO by a comfortable margin this year. In addition, with Titanfall already over a month old and the price drop for the Titanfall bundle over, I have sincere doubts that the XBO is actually improving. I have a feeling that VGC is once again overtracking the XBO and undertracking the PS4. At the current rate VGC seems to be suggesting that the XBO will sell about 240k for April with the PS4 possibly not breaking 200k. Anybody who believes that will likely be served a nice big dish of crow come April NPD.

While in YTD sales VGC isn't too far off from NPD, they're still overtracking the XBO and undertracking the PS4. They have the PS4 at 901k and the at XBO at a bit over 721k, a gap of 180k YTD, while NPD has then at 927k and 711k respectively, a gap of 216k. But they're still a lot more off for March alone than for Q1 as a whole, with the PS4-XBO gap being half of what the NPD reported (PS4 undertracked by ~26k, XBO overtracked by ~7k), and this I think is skewing their tracking for April too much in the XBO's favor. If I had to guess, the PS4 will actually outsell the XBO by about 25% for the month.

the xb1 titanfall bundle dropped to number 40 because the stand alone xbox is now 454$ on amazon and is rising. 

pezus said:
Pirateogta said:
XB1: 92,000 in 13 countries at $500
PS4: 128,000 in 72 countries at $400

If this keeps up, Sony is in big trouble!

Yeah, just you wait! When X1 launches in Japan and all the other 60 countries where Sony dominates, Sony will surely be in trouble!

dont worry, in the meantime sony is working hard on building some new buildings to sell.