By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo made a Banjo deal with Micro, would you be interested?

Tagged games:

What should happen?

Nintendo secures rights t... 8 7.34%

Nintendo buys the series and makes B/K 3! 61 55.96%

RARE goes independent and... 6 5.50%

Xboxone B/K3 or spinoff game. 5 4.59%

Let the series die! 29 26.61%

Total:109
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aielyn said:

Nintendo should come up with a list of Rare franchises that they would be willing to buy off Microsoft. Both BK and Conker would be good (perhaps Nintendo could get full rights to everything from Diddy Kong Racing). So would Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force would also be nice.

When it comes to BK and Conker, I already have ideas. I'd love to see Michel Ancel be offered BK for development on Nintendo systems (perhaps as a joint development between Ubisoft and Nintendo, rather than a pure Ubisoft development team), while I think Conker would be handled well by Platinum Games. I could also see Nintendo's partnership with Bandai Namco be extended following the release of Smash Bros, with them working on Killer Instinct.

Alas, it is almost guaranteed not to happen.

Nintendo wouldn't buy Conker. BK, maybe but not Conker. 

Nintendo didn't have much problem with Rare making the original BFD (their only concern was image, and that was dealt with by not showing it off themselves), and they certainly don't have a problem with games like Bayonetta or Captain Rainbow. If Platinum Games were given access to Conker through Nintendo, it would be easy to have it "officially" be published by Platinum Games.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aielyn said:

Nintendo should come up with a list of Rare franchises that they would be willing to buy off Microsoft. Both BK and Conker would be good (perhaps Nintendo could get full rights to everything from Diddy Kong Racing). So would Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force would also be nice.

When it comes to BK and Conker, I already have ideas. I'd love to see Michel Ancel be offered BK for development on Nintendo systems (perhaps as a joint development between Ubisoft and Nintendo, rather than a pure Ubisoft development team), while I think Conker would be handled well by Platinum Games. I could also see Nintendo's partnership with Bandai Namco be extended following the release of Smash Bros, with them working on Killer Instinct.

Alas, it is almost guaranteed not to happen.

Nintendo wouldn't buy Conker. BK, maybe but not Conker. 

Nintendo didn't have much problem with Rare making the original BFD (their only concern was image, and that was dealt with by not showing it off themselves), and they certainly don't have a problem with games like Bayonetta or Captain Rainbow. If Platinum Games were given access to Conker through Nintendo, it would be easy to have it "officially" be published by Platinum Games.

Are you serious? You guys must seriously be desperate. Platinum is one of the worst companies in the industry for story-based games let alone a platformers. Let them keep running things with hack n slash games. Also, I know Nintendo has no problem with another company making mature rated games for them. They just don't want to do it themselves because of image as you said.

I would love to see Nintendo grab the Banjo series and make a proper Banjo Kazooie 3! Also would have them grab the Conker series as well because it's just laying in waste too.

I'd love for a true Banjo Threeie to be made, no matter the console, but if I'm honest, I'd be most likely to get it if it came out on a Nintendo console. I think it would sell best there, as well. That said, Rare being independent and releasing it multiplat, I still think it would sell best on the Nintendo system, but at least that way more people would buy it. Rare being independent is certainly an intriguing idea.

I'm not big on Banjo, but if it results in Nintendo putting the franchise in the hands of a competent developer (Next Level, anyone?), I can dig it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Are you serious? You guys must seriously be desperate. Platinum is one of the worst companies in the industry for story-based games let alone a platformers. Let them keep running things with hack n slash games. Also, I know Nintendo has no problem with another company making mature rated games for them. They just don't want to do it themselves because of image as you said.

First of all, who said I wanted the next Conker to be a platformer? Nintendo has plenty of platformers already, and with Banjo already added, there's no need for Conker to ALSO be a platformer.

Second, Platinum doesn't have a problem with making barely-coherent stories that are more just an excuse to string together the gameplay and the concepts. Conker's Bad Fur Day wasn't exactly the most well-developed story around...

Nintendo has properties it doesn't even use. It would make no sense for Nintendo do buy a franchise rights when they don't even utilized half their own. Where is the next Star Fox, F-Zero, and Advance Wars? Nintendo still has Metroid and various Mario games to release and potentially in the future. They are already stacked.

Does Nintendo really need another platformer license?

Can ninty still actually make full 3d platformers anymore though? Banjo 3 would have to be a fully exploreable level.
Alsa it would never happen though cos rare are terrible now.

Maybe. But Rare were the brains behind those two gems, not Nintendo. There's a reason why Miyamoto said bad things about the original DKC. Jealousy created a lot of behind the scenes issues between some at Nintendo and Rare and was confirmed by someone that worked for Rare a year or so ago.

Nintendo makes amazing Nintendo IP, but no one imo, can recreate that original Rare charm.