By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Mario Kart 8 Special Edition Wii U Deluxe Set ANNOUNCED!

Once it hits 299$ I'm sold. But I think it's a limited edition so it'll never drop.
It is still a nice deal, maybe i'll start taking WiiU in consideration, this X and Smash bros are the titles I hope to get with it.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Tlozjb said:
Why are people exactly going crazy about the 349.99 price tag? Wouldn't that be for the US price for the UK Gigantic bundle? Which means you are receiving, not only the console and the game, but also all of those accessories and things, for only 49.99 dollars more, which is a good deal, since you would use alot more if you were buying all of that separately. It actually is a pretty good price, if you ask me, well if it is the same as the UK Gigantic(Premium?) bundle.

But do you actually want all that extra stuff? Probably not! People barely want the Wii U as is, so increasing the entry price was not a wise decision, atleast in terms of trying to make the console relatively successful. I think this move shows that Nintendo has given up on that and accepted that the Wii U will not be a hit no matter what they do at this point, so they're simply gonna try to squeeze as much profit out of it as they can. Honestly I would do the same if I were in their shoes

Yes, atleast I do want them, specially that Mario hat.

Anyway, part of the people that buy the game will end up getting this accessories somewhere down the line, Nintendo simply decided to make the bundle more attractive by doing that gigantic bundle, which would end up saving consumers  alot of money, since the themed controller alone costs 39.99, the steering wheel are another 9.99, and the Gamepad cover would be at around 13.99-14.99 alone, then comes the Strategy guide which is at 24.99, that's already 88.96 - 89.96, then you have that Mario/Luigi cap, which can't be found anywhere else, plus you are pretty much getting the game for free, at the end of everything, it is a good price, that would save the people buying it almost 40 bucks in accessories, plus you get the Cap and the game.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:

Anyway, part of the people that buy the game will end up getting this accessories somewhere down the line, Nintendo simply decided to make the bundle more attractive by doing that gigantic bundle, which would end up saving consumers  alot of money, since the themed controller alone costs 39.99, the steering wheel are another 9.99, and the Gamepad cover would be at around 13.99-14.99 alone, then comes the Strategy guide which is at 24.99, that's already 88.96 - 89.96, then you have that Mario/Luigi cap, which can't be found anywhere else, plus you are pretty much getting the game for free, at the end of everything, it is a good price, that would save the people buying it almost 40 bucks in accessories, plus you get the Cap and the game.

It's no doubt a good deal, but again, only if one actually wants all that stuff, which I highly doubt the majority will. Afterall, many probably still have their Wiimotes and wheels from the Wii, and the internet renders strategy guides worthless. Why would you even need one of those for Mario Kart? xD

Einsam_Delphin said:
Tlozjb said:

It's no doubt a good deal, but again, only if one actually wants all that stuff, which I highly doubt the majority will. Afterall, many probably still have their Wiimotes and wheels from the Wii, and the internet renders strategy guides worthless. Why would you even need one of those for Mario Kart? xD

That's true, though casuals and kids usually go for the shiny and colorful new thing in the market, the stuff in the bundle is way more colorful than the old ones. Also, didn't Mario Kart 8/alot of Wii U games only support Wii Motion Plus controllers or something like that? Which would render their old controllers useless.

To find new ways to destroy friendships with the anti-gravity mechanic :P

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

That's true, though casuals and kids usually go for the shiny and colorful new thing in the market, the stuff in the bundle is way more colorful than the old ones. Also, didn't Mario Kart 8/alot of Wii U games only support Wii Motion Plus controllers or something like that? Which would render their old controllers useless.

To find new ways to destroy friendships with the anti-gravity mechanic :P

Bolded: You better be joking!

Underlined: Nope, motion plus-less Wiimotes work perfectly fine!

Italics: Again, use the internet!

Around the Network

Its a very nice bundle, but for 350 I'm just not sure if its gonna sell when we can see the WiiU with smbu go on sale for 250.