By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall exclusivity proved to be (quite) pointless

I think people are dragging this off topic now.

As it stands. Every word of OP is still true even after 26 pages.

"I must say that I think making Titanfall an Xbox One exclusive didn't do much good. It didn't boost the XOne sales that much and this should've had the freedom to be on PS4 as well. Microsoft probably had to pay a lot to keep it exclusive but in the end it proved to be not worth the effort. I personally also hate the way Microsoft seems to think that by just making something exclusive everyone will buy an XOne (that's at least what I seem to get out of their behaviour towards Titanfall), but that's a different discussion"

Around the Network

It's still selling well and it's sales for Xbox One are good for a game released during this slow period in the year after the console launch. Plus it has probably sold quite a lot of consoles and gold memberships. Plus DLC will generate more profit too.

So no, I don't think it was pointless. If you think Titanfall was pointless then all exclusives that were paid for (like Heavy Rain) must be pointless too. Especially seeing as how single player games don't generate any money from online memberships.

Goatseye said:

I think it's the opposite.

A good hype and marketing never hurted anyone/game.

I'm pretty sure some gamers like you are disturbed that TF, had hype beasts behind it and an immense gamers enthusiasm. Plus it sold with a 3:1 tie in ratio; amazing for a new IP. Equally hyped continuing franchises couldn't even do that on different platforms with higher installbase.

Detractors had more threads saturating VGC, than gamers rejoicing the mentioned glme. I know this because you're in EVERY SINGLE one of them.

All true, especially the bolded parts. The FUD was glorious on VGC.

ethomaz said:
DucksUnlimited said:

You say that as if Battlefield isn't a massive franchise.

It is not.

EA was always jealous they can't create a massive franchise like CoD... they tried with Medal of Honor, Battlefield (at least the most susseful) and now they bet on Titanfall.

Again they will see not just Activison mataining the CoD franchise but they will see a new massive franchise coming from Activision again.

PS. Battlefield had a strong fan base but it is not massive.

WTF??? Not massive?? it sells 15-20 million, only cod and GTA are bigger. You cannot be serious/.

Goatseye said:

I think it's the opposite.

A good hype and marketing never hurted anyone/game.

Blantant lie. CIP Fuse.

I'm pretty sure some gamers like you are disturbed that TF(hasty generalization/exaggeration), had hype beasts behind it and an immense gamers enthusiasm

Like all the prerelease rewards it won and after release...oh wait.

Plus it sold with a 3:1 tie in ratio; amazing for a new IP.

Wii Sports did better. Truly amazing but...seriously this is the only thread still talking about it.

Equally hyped continuing franchises couldn't even do that on different platforms with higher installbase.

Claim+Evidence+Reasoning = Explanation

Detractors had more threads saturating VGC, than gamers rejoicing the mentioned glme. I know this because you're in EVERY SINGLE one of them.

I think you're mistaken. There were a lot more TitanFall pro threads than con threads. They just didn't survive as long as this one because this is SonyChartz. #dealwithalwaysonproductplacement

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182636&page=1#

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

DucksUnlimited said:

Not being released on other consoles doesn't make a franchise bigger. Or vice-versa.

And what does decline have to do with anything? We're talking about total sales. 20m from a COD or GTA, while still a decline, is still a massive number of people buying a specific game.

Maybe you should compare COD's numbers when it was a new IP too before you call anything ridiculous.

Neither small... you, me or anybody else don't know... which is bigger? GT or Battlefield? I know GT5 sold way more on PS3... franchise? GT sold more too (over 70m)...

You asked if Battlefield 3 sales are massive... well they aren't... It sold great in all platforms but not massive in neither.

And yes... say Titanfall is the EA's CoD is utter ridiculous but you know I'm blind lol

Pretending only individual platforms matter is just silly. But then again why would I expect any different from you?

DucksUnlimited said:

Pretending only individual platforms matter is just silly. But then again why would I expect any different from you?

I'm not pretending anything... I'm just showing facts... you started comparing a multiplatform game with a single-plataform game.

Fact is that Battlefield 3 was not massive in any single-plataform... even overall it was not massive... maybe my use of massive just means that massive.

ethomaz said:

DucksUnlimited said:

I'm not pretending anything... I'm just showing facts... you started comparing a multiplatform game with a single-plataform game.

Fact is that Battlefield 3 was not massive in any single-plataform... even overall it was not massive... maybe my use of massive just means that massive.

And that multiplatform game is bigger. Fact.

it doesn't need to be massive on a single platform to be massive overall. ~20m units sold is far better than the vast majority of games out there, and is indeed a massive amount of people. Your use of massive just means whatever you want it to mean to fit your agenda.

DucksUnlimited said:

it doesn't need to be massive on a single platform to be massive overall. ~20m units sold is far better than the vast majority of games out there, and is indeed a massive amount of people. Your use of massive just means whatever you want it to mean to fit your agenda.

"My agenda" lol

ethomaz said:

DucksUnlimited said:

"My agenda" lol

Are you really trying to deny that you have one?