By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Gears of War to Have “Best in Class Visuals,”

This thread has been a funny read

Around the Network

As always Xbox games get all the attention.

EB1994 said:

What this shows us is Gears declining popularity. Gears 3 is the lowest selling in the numbered series, and Judgement is just...yeah. 

Uncharted on the other hand is growing, as you can see by the huge boost from Uncharted 1 to 2 and then Uncharted 3 has achieved similar sales to 2 in a much shorter period. Not counting Golden Abyss, as it's on another handheld, however 1.16M sales on a 7M system is something to brag about.

Really?

Gears 3 is the lowest selling in the series by a very small margin, but still over 6 million and in the 6 million bracket with the rest of the games.

- Moderated,

Carl

That claim doesn't really say much...best in class? Best Xbox One exclusive third person shooter? Best Black Tusk game? Best game that used to be made by another company but then got changed?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

JayWood2010 said:
walsufnir said:
Man, this thread has really gone where it shouldn't. Making me sad as a big Gears-fan... But I am leaving it now.

Funny thing is if the mods would have moderated the first page this thread wouldnt have ended the way it did.  The first page had a very baiting comment that we all knew would end bad, but the mods let it go.

*report*

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
JayWood2010 said:
walsufnir said:
Man, this thread has really gone where it shouldn't. Making me sad as a big Gears-fan... But I am leaving it now.

Funny thing is if the mods would have moderated the first page this thread wouldnt have ended the way it did.  The first page had a very baiting comment that we all knew would end bad, but the mods let it go.

*report*

I'm pretty sure the person Jay was talking about on the first page got a warning. He doesn't understand that mods can't be lightning quick in bans/warnings...It's not like we have a plethora of moderators on this site

EB1994 said:
starcraft said:
JayWood2010 said:
walsufnir said:

*report*

I'm pretty sure the person Jay was talking about on the first page got a warning. He doesn't understand that mods can't be lightning quick in bans/warnings...It's not like we have a plethora of moderators on this site

We're trying to get better about always having at least one mod online.  With new mods it is going to take some time for this to work itself out.

When it comes to the specific posts, we struggle against the perception of inequity, largely because we take into account their moderation history, which other users cannot see.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I got moderated :'( for a nice opinion

Graphics are great. I hope they change up the gameplay though. I got about 40 minutes into Gears 3 and was done, most generic feeling TPS campaign I'd played.

For all the bans in this thread (apparently), I think the whole thread is ban-worthy, just the title alone sums it up:
Pointless, nonverifiable vague assertion of #1 superiority without any objective measurement.
How does anybody think such a thread will develop? There's nothing of substance to politely discuss.

As to discussion about how they started this development so recently, I believe it was previously revealed
that they had been starting development of their own original game, I believe with some sci-fi theme,
but MS vetoed that and forced them to develop Gears after they bought that IP from Epic.