By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash or Jak? If you were to choose one for PS4

Which one would you prefer on PS4

Jak and Daxter 46 29.11%

Crash Bandicoot 93 58.86%

See Results 19 12.03%

Total:158

Jak, so Naughty Dog doesn't spend time making another Uncharted :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

crash..

CTR2 would put MK8 to its knees

Wright said:

Yeah, both PS3 and X360 should try and cut price honestly.  Specially X360

Jak. More potential to use the hardware and honestly, I feel probably a bit more relevant these days.

(Plus, I enjoyed the Jak games a lot more than the Crash games, save for CTR which was awesome)

Crash but in the style of Jak 1, open world, collecting items, etc. Crash Team Racing is still the best kart racer to me!

Around the Network

Open world Jak & Daxter game. Naughty Dog pls.

Make it so you can travel with similar vehicles to the ones in Jak 3, which you could only use out in the desert. 

NAUGHTY DOG PLSSSSSSSSSSS

A painful choice, but I went with Jak. Both franchises deserve more, but Jak would benefit more from being brought back right now. We've seen with Knack what happens to mascot type character games. People don't know how to make them anymore, aside from Nintendo and a few indie devs. Jak fits in with modern gaming, and I don't know about you, but the original trilogy moved me. It had a pretty compelling story, something that is expected from games today. And what has Naughty Dog gotten really good at? Well, if TLOU is anything to go by, I'd say they're getting very good at storytelling. I feel like Naughty Dog is more prepared to make a Jak game than a Crash game right now, and not just in storytelling. Their recent gameplay has leaned more towards Jak than Crash. Jak also works better with an open world setting, which has gotten quite popular these days. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a glorious Crash revival by Naughty Dog, along side a glorious Spyro revival by Insomniac. But it'd be harder to make happen, and would be less appreciated by today's gamers. Perhaps in the future when new major developers arise from the indies, we'll see them take a new spin on those classics. For now though, both developers have moved on too much from those games, and Naughty Dog is more ready for a Jak game than a Crash game.

Jak is better in every way, it's just that simple.

Neither tbh, I want spyro :(. But I would choose Crash over Jak.

Crash 1-3 were great. I'd consider Crash 2 one of the best games ever made. Jak 1 was great as well, 2 and 3 were poor, turned them into racing games, not fun.

But if Sony wanted a new platforming game then why not make a new franchise, why do we have to dwell on past gaming genius when the industry could come up with something new?

Hmm, pie.