By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uk charts, week ending April 19; Titanfall still on top

Forza up a few spots. More bundles selling, or game has dropped in price?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I didn't expected Trials (a old Xbox exclusive game) to chart better on PS4... a bit surprise from my part.

Titanfall drop on 360 is really good... only 28%?

FFXIV did good too.

ethomaz said:
I didn't expected Trials (a old Xbox exclusive game) to chart better on PS4... a bit surprise from my part.

FFXIV did good too.

Because we're used to buying it digitally. Why would Xbox Owners buy this retail? Its $40 retail vs $20 digital.

jlmurph2 said:
ethomaz said:

FFXIV did good too.

Because we're used to buying it digitally. Why would Xbox Owners buy this retail? Its $40 retail vs $20 digital.

Is the price difference justified by the extras you get by buyying the retail version which is tagged as the "Delux Edition". Seems like you get extra content, but does it add up to be worth the difference?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Titanfall is still being bundled in the UK right? Should stay on top for a while then. FFXIV opened weak but I'd assume most people would just upgrade digitally from the PS3 versions. Other than that nothing interesting this week.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
jlmurph2 said:
ethomaz said:

FFXIV did good too.

I bought it digitally too.

But aside from that they will be very close in absolute numbers which means as an attach rate the ONE version is way ahead.

Dont you think you are clutching a little bit there.... you are making an incredible leap of guesswork..... As it stands according to press Sony is 2.8 and MS is 2.9... but that doesnt mean every single game released will follow that attach rate.  All we have is retail for the moment, any guess work on digital sales is well pointless.

Also to note the boxed version is the Deluxe version which includes DLC so that's why its more expensive... but according to game it was released at £49.99... now its £31.99... crazy initial price.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

kowenicki said:
Madword said:
kowenicki said:

I bought it digitally too.

But aside from that they will be very close in absolute numbers which means as an attach rate the ONE version is way ahead.

Dont you think you are clutching a little bit there.... you are making an incredible leap of guesswork..... As it stands according to press Sony is 2.8 and MS is 2.9... but that doesnt mean every single game released will follow that attach rate.  All we have is retail for the moment, any guess work on digital sales is well pointless.

Also to note the boxed version is the Deluxe version which includes DLC so that's why its more expensive... but according to game it was released at £49.99... now its £31.99... crazy initial price.

Nope. No guesswork involved.

They are one place apart on the chart... negligible difference, maximum of 1k probably.  The install base is 1.4:1.  Its mathematically straight forward that the attach rate for Trials is better on the ONE.

Well lets be fair here, you said"One version is way ahead".There is no way you can know that... attach rate is the average number of games across all users and console sales, it has nothing to do with a particular game. I own about 14 games on next gen, not one of them are Trials (yet). If you are trying to relate attach rate average with sales of a particular game, then sorry my guess is just as random and good as yours.

So i'm afraid you are just wrong :)

kowenicki said:

Gibberish.

I was CLEARLY talking about the attach rate for this ONE game.  And YES of course you can have an attach rate for ONE game.   You are talking nonsense.

So please show me the evidence where you have been told/seen the digital attach rate for this one game?

I suspect you dont have that, if you dont then clearly I am not the one talking nonsense. Not sure why you are being pedantic about this when you are clearly wrong.

LOL.

*rolls eyes*

Oh, you two.

So, is now "attach rate" a new XOne mantra?
First it was "fastest selling" for about a month, but then passage of time took care of those averages.
Then came 3 months of "wait for Titanfall" chanting, we all see how that ended up.

Now it's a few months of "attach rates", and in summer we'll probably see a lot "wait for [insert supposed system seller here].