By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Wars Co-Writer Todd Stashwick 'Recast' in Uncharted PS4

"

Todd Stashwick, the voice of the Uncharted PS4 teaser trailer, is no longer involved in Naughty Dog’s Uncharted project.

“They chose to recast my role,” Stashwick told IGN. We've contacted Sony for additional information.

Visceral Games recently hired Stashwick as co-writer on its unannounced Star Wars project, which ex-Naughty Dog creative director Amy Hennig is directing.

Stashwick’s removal from Uncharted PS4 follows both Amy Hennig’s and game director Justin Richmond’s unexpected departures from Naughty Dog. Earlier today, former Naughty Dog art director Nate Wells announced his employment at Giant Sparrow, developer of The Unfinished Swan."

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/21/star-wars-co-writer-todd-stashwick-recast-in-uncharted-ps4

I wonder what is going on over there? It could be something but then it could also be nothing? I liked the teaser trailer and thought his voice fit it pretty well. Time will tell I guess!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Probably nothing. There are tons of talented people at Naughty Dog, not just a select few.

This game is definitely not coming out in 2014 now lol

Wagram said:
Probably nothing. There are tons of talented people at Naughty Dog, not just a select few.

I think he played a character in the game.

They probably have to reshoot some scenes now.

Dooooooooooom

Probably got Troy Baker instead :D

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Wagram said:

Dooooooooooom

Yeah, he did the character in the trailer and the assumed villain.

He's probably being replaced since he's working on Star Wars. Conflicting schedules and it's kind of a stab in the back IMO.

poklane said:
DerNebel said:

Dooooooooooom

He's probably being replaced since he's working on Star Wars. Conflicting schedules and it's kind of a stab in the back IMO.

Stab in the back for him or for ND?

Well I only hope that they didn't have that many scenes with him that they now have to reshoot, but if he really was the villain than maybe we're lucky, the last Uncharted games all only had a few scenes with the villain if I remember correctly.

DerNebel said:
poklane said:
DerNebel said:

Dooooooooooom

Stab in the back for him or for ND?

Well I only hope that they didn't have that many scenes with him that they now have to reshoot, but if he really was the villain than maybe we're lucky, the last Uncharted games all only had a few scenes with the villain if I remember correctly.

Stab in the back for ND. He works on on UC with Amy Hennig, Amy goes to the Star Wars project, he joins her.

I wonder how far along in development they were. And how many scenes they will to redo the voice work for and who they are going to get to replace him. The industry is huge so I am sure they can find someone easy I guess. Just thought it was interesting seeing so much movement at ND.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Wow. Now even a fired narrator gets a whole news article. Looking forward to the big storys of fired coffee guy A and fired coffee guy C with coffee guy B leaving for Bungie.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.