By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think about him?

Why all the hate, he's trying 80 65.57%

He's a lying douchebag 42 34.43%

Total:122

All I want is for him to tone down the hype. I think he helped in getting some of those JRPG localized for the Vita too. So its not like he's all bad and everything.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Nite, i said "as much". I didnt say they dont. So, you could have started by reading carefully.
Of course, it helps that its a big market for portables.

As for the rest of your post, just compare how many western games were available for the psp and vita. The 3DS and Vita arent the causes, they are the consequences of a pirating riddled market and the rising of phones.

I didn't misread you. I'm just asserting that if it's really complicated then games wouldn't be games releasing on PSP at all. Why did Sega, Namco, Tecmo etc not expierience said complications releasing PSP games last year?

I'm not saying 3DS and Vita are the causes. I'm saying you can look at their libraries and see the lowered investments from western software companies. The west is making mobile games not handheld games.  That hurt PSP most losing companies like R*. It's also why Vita never really got a start.  Piracy had little to do with it. Mobile growth was already explosive during 08 and 09. 2 years later there would be no room for Vita development cause mobile userbases and sales were skyrocketing.  

If piracy were a huge issue then no one would ever release their games on Android.  Oh wait SE has announced all kinds of games for Android.  You don't even have to download anything to "jailbreak" an android or to pirate. Just check a box in the settings.  

GdaTyler said:

So many empty promises. All he has delivered is indie games for the Vita, nothing else (I love indies, but it does absolutely nothing to help the system in sales) . Gio Corsi has surpassed him for actually doing something substantial for the Vita. Seriously, fvck you Shahid for teasing things that don't exist ("Amazing big Vita title" comes to mind) and JRPG Vita as well. Where's type-0? What do you think about this douche? Rant over.

Why so disrespectful?

Hes managed to gain the Vita a respectable image amongst those who actuually have one. I wish there were more big games on it but thats sonys fault not his, they messed up its first 2 years at market by putting all their talents onto the PS3 when they should have been making titles for the Vita.

JRPG Vita only began this year and its off to a good start, if youve been paying attention you would notice that at least 7 Vita games have been announced for localisation in just the last month. Also you have to respect that their is only so much he can do, he cant make square enix release type 0, something that they shouldnt even have to be convinced to do in the first place. They can be a really clueless company sometimes..... but fingers crossed its on its way. If they were to put on the Vita, I would want a graphical overhaul anyway, hopefully thats maybe why we havent heard of its release yet.

As for him hyping stuff, I believe the title he was refering to was Borderlands 2 (I could be wrong), which at one point would have been a great title for the vita to have. A year and a half later, I think that ship has passed. A spinoff made specifically for the system would have been ideal but would require much more resources..

OK Let's lock this thread now please, I'm sorry for all the hateful comments. If you read some of my later posts you can see I admit I got carried away and I acknowledge he is trying. Sorry again.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

nitekrawler1285 said:

I didn't misread you. I'm just asserting that if it's really complicated then games wouldn't be games releasing on PSP at all. Why did Sega, Namco, Tecmo etc not expierience said complications releasing PSP games last year?

I'm not saying 3DS and Vita are the causes. I'm saying you can look at their libraries and see the lowered investments from western software companies. The west is making mobile games not handheld games.  That hurt PSP most losing companies like R*. It's also why Vita never really got a start.  Piracy had little to do with it. Mobile growth was already explosive during 08 and 09. 2 years later there would be no room for Vita development cause mobile userbases and sales were skyrocketing.  

If piracy were a huge issue then no one would ever release their games on Android.  Oh wait SE has announced all kinds of games for Android.  You don't even have to download anything to "jailbreak" an android or to pirate. Just check a box in the settings.  

I guess it boils down to how big the market is, despite the piracy. The phone market is huge. Even if you lose a couple of millions to piracy theres still many to be made.

Around the Network

Freedom Wars was the big title revealed he was hyping..he just got Tales of Hearts R localized for the JRPG Vita campaign, and he brings kick ass indie games...whats not to like about him?

KylieDog said:
So how many #jrpgvita games has he actually been confirmed to have something to do with Tales of Hearts R and...

Because one game or even five is pretty poor for how long he has been at this.

The entire #jrpgvita thing was bogus anyway, was always going to favour a niche core fanbase over a bigger but more mainstream one with the way it was run. I suspect it was done on purpose because no way he was getting Type-0.

I think Type-0 will be the next one.

Nem said:

I guess it boils down to how big the market is, despite the piracy. The phone market is huge. Even if you lose a couple of millions to piracy theres still many to be made.

That applies to anything with a large userbase.  Even if something crazy like 25% of X console were pirate machines that still leaves a 75%.  

His job is to entice indies. He can only do so much to entice bigger games because the system had no sales. With no sales the cost of buying big games is too high. So no. He's a great guy really.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

nitekrawler1285 said:
Nem said:

That applies to anything with a large userbase.  Even if something crazy like 25% of X console were pirate machines that still leaves a 75%.  

Yes... and how much money you can make from the precentage that will buy your game and wether its worth it or not. Its not a matter of percentages, but a matter of revenue numbers.