Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All Stars is no longer a flop

This game is...

not a flop 137 37.43%

a flop 131 35.79%

a MAJOR flop 96 26.23%

Total:364
MoHasanie said:
rolltide101x said:
I call bull on people saying this game goes for 5-10$. All of the largest retailers are 20$+

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=PlayStation+allstars+

Cheapest I can find from a major retailer (20$)

I'm sure its been for $10 on PSN, and I've seenit a couple of times on Amazon for $10 as well. 

I do not doubt it has been 10$ somewhere at some point and time but people are acting like most people who bought it paid 10$ for it and the evidence points to 20-40$ for most and 60$ for the rest. As I said in another post this game probably got 40 million dollars in total revenue. I just can not see it not making a profit

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

Hardware comparisons last a generation.....a video game buzz lasts what, a few months to a year depending on its relevancy?

Claiming ownage on my thoughts in November 2012.....I could care less today.

yeah... thats where the last part of my comment comes into play

"and despite the amount of times expectations are never met, they still dont take a moment to think before jumping on the next hype train and claiming victory before it crashes."

Well that comment applies to both sides, and my origional sentiment that gamers think short term and won't wait for a year+ when they have a juicy opportunity now to brag.

That said, being owned 2 years later feels hollow. I was one that laughed at All Stars low sales. Today..... excuse me if my ego isn't bruised ;P.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

jlmurph2 said:
ninetailschris said:
The game has multiple cuts in prices and layoffs.
It was a flop.

These are also sales from 2 platforms. I say flop.

Looking at how the developers were treated, it was definitely far off expectations. 1mil sales is good, but the price cuts drop down to $20 in less than 5months. Ex If W101 for wiiu sold 300k-500k yea it be good(for a new IP), but it drop in price so fast (you can get it for $20-$30) and that was right after christmas :-/

sales2099 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

Hardware comparisons last a generation.....a video game buzz lasts what, a few months to a year depending on its relevancy?

Claiming ownage on my thoughts in November 2012.....I could care less today.

yeah... thats where the last part of my comment comes into play

"and despite the amount of times expectations are never met, they still dont take a moment to think before jumping on the next hype train and claiming victory before it crashes."

Well that comment applies to both sides, and my origional sentiment that gamers think short term and won't wait for a year+ when they have a juicy opportunity now to brag.

That said, being owned 2 years later feels hollow. I was one that laughed at All Stars low sales. Today..... excuse me if my ego isn't bruised ;P.

why do you keep repeating that gamers think short term if you dont believe it yourself?

If you really believed it, you would accept the PS4 has better games than the X1. If you dont then you accept that gamers dont think short-term.

pezus said:
Has anyone actually played it post-the recent patch?

Oh right we got a big patch :O

Time to dust off the Vita and give the game another shot

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

why do you keep repeating that gamers think short term if you dont believe it yourself?

If you really believed it, you would accept the PS4 has better games than the X1. If you dont then you accept that gamers dont think short-term.

Well my view of better is defined by more AAA system sellers.

Killer Instinct (AAA game released digitally), Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Plants VS Zombies GW (timed at the moment), Titanfall > Killzone SF and Infamous

That is what I believe and I stand by my points.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

Killer Instinct (AAA game released digitally), Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Plants VS Zombies GW (timed at the moment), Titanfall > Killzone SF and Infamous

and there you go.... now its about 'I' and 'my', not 'gamers'.

Knew the 180 was coming.

sales2099 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

KI is no more AAA than Resogun, Warframe, War Thunder, and Blacklight

PVZ is not either for that matter. If you are going to throw KI and PVZ then we get Dynasty Warriors 8 and Bound By Flame.

AA does not equal AAA.

Also for the record the only "system sellers" are Killzone, Infamous, and Titanfall. Maybe a few for Dead Rising and a few for Forza

fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

and there you go.... now its about 'I' and 'my', not 'gamers'.

Knew the 180 was coming.

Nice deflection. I told you my thoughts on what constitutes having better games in the short term as well as pointing out how a 1.5 year forum ownage rings hollow. Don't know what you are expecting from me other then my personal thoughts mixed with the human condition in general.

Smash Bros. chars look like they sort of fit into the same universe. BR not so much.