By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Impression] So I Got to Play Mario Kart 8 Yesterday...

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Solid-Stark said:

Mhmm, cool!!! One more thing, did you find it dizzying in any way?

That's what I meant from the slight adjustment! It threw me off for a split second but easily adjust to it, it's nothing to complain about and I suppose a cool new twist to feel for veterans and new comers.

Mhmm, thanks a lot!! This game has got me sooo excited, cannot wait!! Arghhh, Damn it Nintendo, hurry it up!

Also, lolll, hot girls huh? First Beyonatta, than Zero Suit Samus and now this? Jeez Nintendo! Going after the older audience huh? Not that I am complaining xD

Speaking of which there was a girl cosplaying as Yoshi in the booth. A hot Yoshi. I would ride that Yoshi. I hope I'm not beeing creepy :PP Anyway, Year of Yoshi incoming??

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
CommonNinja said:
Solid-Stark said:

At Wondercon!

Upon looking at the game for the first time I was stunned at the visuals. Like most games, YouTube doesn't do it justice. Tracks looked stunning and frame rate was satisfyingly smooth. Jaggies were not a problem.

The track inverts got me good while playing; caused me to sort of adjust to it. You feel the gravity change as the track flips slowly as you go (It's nothing major or a bad thing). I should mention I played with the Wiimote and wheel accesory, and it felt the same as MKWii for the most part except it was a bit more sensitive. The floor demo only had 12 playable characters, all of which we've seen or know about already so no surprises. I played against some kid and owned him and the AI, easy. No mercy.

I left so hyped for it, and more mad that U.S. isn't getting the limited edition.

I also got to play Kirby Triple Deluxe. Fun and feels like a Kirby game. 3D effect was good in certain parts that Kirby on the level. 

Finally, Wondercon was fun, definitely going back next year. I got to see extended footage for the beginning of X-Men Days of The Future Past. Also, Sexy cosplayers! Sexy cosplayers everywhere!

I was planning on getting PS4 as my next "next gen/current gen" console, but MK8 has me thinking twice.

I guess I will have to wait until E3 to see if Zelda is anounced & what exclusives Sony will have to offer other than The Order 1886 (which is the only PS4 game im interested in right now).

If you really must pick, then Yes! Wait!

From what I played/saw, MK8 will be rated high.

e=mc^2

Solid-Stark said:

Speaking of which there was a girl cosplaying as Yoshi in the booth. A hot Yoshi. I would ride that Yoshi. Anyway, Year of Yoshi incoming??

I would certainly tell her to eat my apple, thats for sure!

But as for the Year of Yoshi... please no! Yoshi's New Island got terrible reviews and Yoshi isn't popular enough to get his own year... I really don't want it to be the year of yoshi cause I think Link is a better contender!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Solid-Stark said:

Speaking of which there was a girl cosplaying as Yoshi in the booth. A hot Yoshi. I would ride that Yoshi. Anyway, Year of Yoshi incoming??

I would certainly tell her to eat my apple, thats for sure!

But as for the Year of Yoshi... please no! Yoshi's New Island got terrible reviews and Yoshi isn't popular enough to get his own year... I really don't want it to be the year of yoshi cause I think Link is a better contender!

Have you played it though? I have it and although it isn't a great or outstanding game, it's good or solid 7.5/10. I thought it was surely better than it's metacritic average. I hope Yoshi Yarn turns out special though. But yes, I'd agree Year of Link would be much better.

e=mc^2

Solid-Stark said:
Forgot to add the lines were long, and we each got to play 3 races so me and my sister shared the turn. I played one and she played two races.

Also, the girls working the Nintendo section were all hot. Mini skirts uniforms. I found it hilarious considering it was Nintendo booth :P

Yeah Nintendo often have some of the best looking booth babes at shows, its what the young kids like =P

Anyway your impressions on the hot cosplayers wasnt long enough so I am dissapoint =(

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:

Have you played it though? I have it and although it isn't a great or outstanding game, it's good or solid 7.5/10. I thought it was surely better than it's metacritic average. I hope Yoshi Yarn turns out special though. But yes, I'd agree Year of Link would be much better.

Yea true, I will pick it up if it ever goes on sale for sure and yea, I am also excited for Yoshi's Yarn! But I do think Year of Link is actually quite viable even now provided Nintendo planned some things but this is how I think it would go though:

-Iwata announces Year of Link lets say May 5th and to celebrate it, they release the Phatom Hour Glass and Spirit Tracks DS ports for the wiiU
-E3 comes, they announce Majoras Mask HD remake which will be released this year around end of July or something and they show Zelda U trailer
-They release Hyrule Warriors and Majoras Mask HD this year
-And Finally, since the Year of blah doesn't end till the year after the day it started, Zelda U gets released on April 2015!

Thats what I would think anyway but who knows loll! I think there are enough similarties when you compare it to how Year of Luigi went in terms of games for him

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Solid-Stark said:

Speaking of which there was a girl cosplaying as Yoshi in the booth. A hot Yoshi. I would ride that Yoshi. I hope I'm not beeing creepy :PP Anyway, Year of Yoshi incoming??

Tim gettys from IGN is wanting the "Year of the Yosh"

Awesome. There's plenty of room on the hype train! Join us, or the Wii U Five guy will kill you!

ktay95 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Forgot to add the lines were long, and we each got to play 3 races so me and my sister shared the turn. I played one and she played two races.

Also, the girls working the Nintendo section were all hot. Mini skirts uniforms. I found it hilarious considering it was Nintendo booth :P

Yeah Nintendo often have some of the best looking booth babes at shows, its what the young kids like =P

Anyway your impressions on the hot cosplayers wasnt long enough so I am dissapoint =(

Haha I didn't want to derail my OP too much :P But oh man I wouldn't know where to start

e=mc^2

Solid-Stark said:

Yea true, I will pick it up if it ever goes on sale for sure and yea, I am also excited for Yoshi's Yarn! But I do think Year of Link is actually quite viable even now provided Nintendo planned some things but this is how I think it would go though:

-Iwata announces Year of Link lets say May 5th and to celebrate it, they release the Phatom Hour Glass and Spirit Tracks DS ports for the wiiU
-E3 comes, they announce Majoras Mask HD remake which will be released this year around end of July or something and they show Zelda U trailer
-They release Hyrule Warriors and Majoras Mask HD this year
-And Finally, since the Year of blah doesn't end till the year after the day it started, Zelda U gets released on April 2015!

Thats what I would think anyway but who knows loll! I think there are enough similarties when you compare it to how Year of Luigi went in terms of games for him

Now that would be one epicly jam packed Zelda year. I would approve!

e=mc^2