By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which is the best Mario and Luigi RPG game?

Best in the series?

Superstar Saga 14 45.16%

Partners in Time 2 6.45%

Bowser's Inside Story 11 35.48%

Dream Team 4 12.90%

Total:31

AlphaCielago said:

It's a very shitty game, at least compared to the other three. The babies are an issue and it gets annoying with having 4 characters, at least for me. Villains are horrible, probably the 2nd worst in the Mario RPG series, Shadow Queen from TTYD is the worst one. Enviroments are dull, with the only noteworthy being Groshi or whatever that part was. The game is also very closed, there is no openness in the game. Story is dull and the final battle just goes on and on. Music is horrible too.

It's definately a step down from Superstar and Bowser's improved on it in every single aspect and then some more.

_crazy_man_ said:

PiT had those annoying memory sections as the babies, it was odd that the special attacks became item based, it was more linear and shorter than Super Star Saga, the music as a whole was meh (tho it still had its moments).

It in no way was a bad game, just a meh sequel.

Bowser's Inside Story had more of the charm of Super Star Saga and surpassed it in some areas.

Dream Bros. is mixed, while everyone can agree its better than Partners in Time, everyone can't decide where it stand with the other games.

Ain't so easy to compare when you haven't played the first/following games :P I found it to be enjoyable, so in that case I suppose the future only has great things in store for me! :D