By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last of Us an overrated game? Why make a PS4 verison?

Last of Us Overrated?

Hell yes. 26 16.25%

Kinda 15 9.38%

It was appropriately rated. 43 26.88%

No 50 31.25%

It was underrated 26 16.25%

Total:160
KingdomHeartsFan said:
ToraTiger said:

Never came across one part I can remember where the AI was stupid.  They wanted to create a world where nature was taking over and reclaliming the earth and I think they nailed it.  The gameplay is meant to be slow, that just shows that the game is not for you, that doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.  Can you give an example of a crafting system that wasn't mindless, its pretty much the same crafting system that was in RE4, which you said is the pinicle of survival horror, even though its not even scary... 

If you read my post, you'd know I said it felt rehashed from RE.  It just didn't add anything to the experience and enemies were always attacking anyway so it really didn't matter.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
Pibituh said:
Danman27 said:
I would love to see you easily brute force your way through this game on survivor mode...

Even in hard, I think he will struggle  --''

I'm guessing he probably played the game on medium

Eh, I couldn't possibly disagree more. It was easily one of my favourite games of all-time.

As for why it's getting a Remaster so soon; I'd say it's because A LOT of 360 owners grew tired of the lack of exclusives on the platform over the last four years (since Kinect became a thing) and jumped ship to Sony rather than going for an Xbox One. There'll be a good few people out there with shiny new PS4's that likely never had the chance to play TLOU the first time around, and as it became one of Sony's biggest games, it makes perfect sense to use it to bolster their summer lineup.

Pibituh said:
Danman27 said:
I would love to see you easily brute force your way through this game on survivor mode...

Even in hard, I think he will struggle  --''

Sorry, after playing RE:4 it was a cake walk on hard. 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
more than 250 awards !!! its not overrated.

Yeah, that's why we think it's overrated.  People think it's good just for that.  Everything I ask someone why they like this game, they're so quick to jump to "It's got a 95 on gameranking and won more GOTYs than anyother game" That doesn't anwser my question

Ahn... we think it's good because we played the game and actually enjoyed it? Nobody has the patience to list all the things they like about it (and if you like it, you like A LOT of things about it). Saying it has a lot of GOTYs is just some kind of tl;dr. Why do you even care anyway, a lot of people liked (really like it, it's not just "the hype and the media WOW GREAT GAME I HAVE NO OPINION"), a few people don't like and that's it. We move on

Around the Network
binary solo said:
If TLOU was releasing for the first time now do you think it would be a good idea to release it on both PS3 and PS4?

TLOU has only sold to 6% of the PS3 install base, and there are PS4 owners who never bought a PS3 (the Xbox 360 ship jumpers).

The critical consensus seems to disagree with the opinions of those who say it's overrated.

So on balance it makes sense for the game with the most GOTYs in history to get a nextgen release.

It was released like 10 months ago.  It was already the high of production for PS3 it's already been selling well.   Especially for a Sony IP.

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:

What do you guys think? 

I think your problem is you went in with a whole bunch of preconceptions and that ruined the experinence for you. As a reviewer, that's one's job but as a gamer that's no way to play a game. TLOU reminded of me of the first dead space, with less gore. I completly immersed myself in the game, and thats the way its supposed to be played.

The Multiplayer which I didn't play might be a shooter, but the single player is barely qualified as a shooter. Guns are basically the quickest way to die when fighting clickers and infected. They are only ever good against human opponents and then even when conserving ammo I still never had more than like 20 shots. I would consider it more of a stealth game rather than a shooter, even the concept of running and gun makes absolutely no sense when talking about TLOU single player.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

deal with it dude, its not like you need to play it again or something. Just wait until X arrives and someone makes a thread about how awesome it is, so other people can say is overrated (=

Pibituh said:
I highly disagree with your points.
TLoU is a masterpiece, and I feel sorry for those who can't see it.

I feel sorry for people who are tricked by placebos.  This game is like 6 hours of gameplay and 2 hours of poorly written story wrapped with beatiful graphics.  I feel sorry for the people who spent 60 dollars on it.

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:

If you read my post, you'd know I said it felt rehashed from RE.  It just didn't add anything to the experience and enemies were always attacking anyway so it really didn't matter.

If want to go that way, everything is somekind of a ''rehash'' from some previous game. So, this point is invalid!