By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart (April 12) - FFXIV PS4, Conception II Vita out. Mario Kart beasting

We'll see if Mario Kart will be able to climb to the #1 spot before it releases. That will be the real test to see if its "beasting".

Around the Network
pezus said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Well nothing major releasing until Watch Dogs I assume? Then we have the summer drought with nothing notable for consoles other than ESO and then Finally in September we get Destiny (Assuming it doesn't get delayed again).

TLoU Remaster will be interesting.

Oh right completley forgot about that. 

pezus said:

Comeback? It was a play on words >_>

Spurgeonryan would've understood

That's true. Ryan and you understand each other's crazy talk. :P

Slarvax said:
drake_tolu said:
Good MK, i think will reach 400,000 pre order in USA before coming out, minimum 300,000.

It needs 27k each week until release to reach 300k. I don't think it will pass 200k.

mario kart 7 was doing worse than mk 8 and got 160k on the last week and 70k on the previous one, ending with 424k.

shikamaru317 said:

Yes, but 3DS also had a bigger install base than Wii U at the time and it was more accessible to the mass market due to the lower price of the 3DS compared to the Wii U. There's also the perception issue that the Wii U currently has which is sure to hold Mario Kart 8 back, many people see it as an overpriced, underpowered console with little 3rd party support. 

bolded: that's not true and simply looks like a try to be pessimist/ downplay MK8.

the fact is that mario kart 8 pre orders are higher than MK7 in the same period forJapan and US, probably Europe too. and that's perfectly in line with console MK being more popular than handheld MK. heck, mk 7 still hasn't outsold mk 64 with a base over 10kk bigger. mk wii easily outsold mk ds even though the wii only had 2/3 of the ds installed base (50kk less). and with mk 8 being gourgeous beyod all expectations, it's only natural for it to do better than 7.