By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry joe vs Angry IGN review editor - Twitter fight because the titanfall review.

Tagged games:

As a completely neutral person reading the tweet and checking out the reviews, I have to say that Joe is the one in the wrong here, not Dan. You can't justify what Joe did by shuffling things around to make a point, that's the same thing as straight up lying and that's what can make somebody loose credibility.

Around the Network

Yeah. Because a 0.1 decimal makes such a huge difference!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DD_Bwest said:
my god dan is a dumbass, He starts the whole thing because his panties are twisted in knots because he got called out and now hes made everything far worse by looking like such a tool. Doesnt look good for IGN at all. he deserves a facepalm..

right or not, he looks like a whiny 14yo moron for getting into whats basically a playground argument.

To be fair, Dan wasn't very aggressive if you read the tweet, Joe was the one calling names and refuse to give a straight up apology for making an obvious mistake and kept on with the insults as a distraction to really talk about the issue at hand, Dan acted as an adult while Joe acted like a frustrated crook.

Dan Stapleton is doing himself and IGN a disservice by carrying on this stupid dialog in public.

My 8th gen collection

Leadified said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
DélioPT said:
The IGN guy is right. His quote was taken out of one context and used in another which ended up giving the wrong image of the actual review.
That, to me, was unfair. He had the right to correct Angry Joe on the matter: if his review didn`t reflect what AJ was trying to show, his review shouldn´t have been used as na exemple of that.

If I remember correctly Angry Joe was talking about reviewers giving Titanfall high scores then a picture of IGN's 8.9/10 showed up in th background, how is that taking anything out of context?

Youtube embedding is broken here's the link, the whole thing started from what Joe said at 8:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZhUHOqaC5_A#t=500

Here's the video since no one else linked it yet. He said major outlets were giving the game high scores and telling people to believe to hype, which they did. Dan is technically right about a 8.9 not being a 9 but that is completely irrelevant since 8.9 is still a "high score". So really Dan's comments were pretty much uncalled for.

But that's not why Dan had an issue with it, I think you are missing the point of why he questioned Joe in the first place.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Dan Stapleton is doing himself and IGN a disservice by carrying on this stupid dialog in public.

He's simply discrediting somebody for misrepresenting his company, and it's logical to do it in public IMO. What's the point of taking up the issue in private when Joe is even acting like a teenager on a public tweet?

dahuman said:
DD_Bwest said:
my god dan is a dumbass, He starts the whole thing because his panties are twisted in knots because he got called out and now hes made everything far worse by looking like such a tool. Doesnt look good for IGN at all. he deserves a facepalm..

right or not, he looks like a whiny 14yo moron for getting into whats basically a playground argument.

To be fair, Dan wasn't very aggressive if you read the tweet, Joe was the one calling names and refuse to give a straight up apology for making an obvious mistake and kept on with the insults as a distraction to really talk about the issue at hand, Dan acted as an adult while Joe acted like a frustrated crook.

No, an adult would contact AJ in a private manner.  The way he chose to approach this whole thing is what makes him look childish.

Also, it appears people will side with one or the other based on the semantics of the argument.  in cases like this no one is really right,  but that doesnt change the fact dan made himself look terrible, and im sure IGN isnt to happy about it.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Dan Stapleton is a true moron, and he should really stop trying to argue with people that are smarter than him (that's pretty much everyone). I remember arguing with him over the BS regarding not giving GTA Online a review score, and I swear it was like arguing with an 8 year old. His points made no sense and were just full of holes. He really needs to stop embarassing himself.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I think IGN comes out of this looking amateurish. You handle things like this in PM's, or if you have a real problem get a lawyer. Doing this just gives Joe more exposure. A lot of people have problems with IGN, don't give them more reasons.

Titanfall as a package does not warrant a 10/10, 9/10 or in this case 8.9/10. And oh yes, 8.9/10 is actually a 9/10.

He wanted to score it 9/10, but in fear of backlash, took away a fraction of a point to make it seem as it is not.

Titanfall IMO is a 7/10.