By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watchdogs On Wii U - How Can People Be So Selfish??

toastboy44562 said:

I have heard from people on here that the Wii U version and the other versions of watchdogs should be released at the same time.

What people?

d21lewis said:
The Wii U version was the only version I wanted. Since it's being delayed, I say don't release a WU version at all.

Why deny yourself a game? 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

I have heard from people on here that the Wii U version and the other versions of watchdogs should be released at the same time. How can you guys be so selfish?

The Wii U version needs special dev time because of weird/unfamiliar tech and you guys expect ubisoft to delay the game on all other systems so that the Wii U will be getting watchdogs at the same time? Let me get this straight, you guys want ubisoft to delay this game more for around 200million+ people just to satisfy a couple million Wii U owners?

I have even heard users on this site go as far as saying that they will never buy watchdogs for Wii U to teach Ubisoft a lesson. Wii U owners should just be lucky they are getting this game, it looks fun!

Lets look at both sides and not be so obtuse.

A: Any decent business would have planned and rationed time so that all versions would have tha same release date. The xbox and playstation also have "unfimiliar/weird tech" however the developer spent ample amount of time and delayed the game to produce those versions. It is difficult to justify a $60 purchase on an old game that will be $30 by the release date, on other consoles. Further, it is awkward (to say the least) for 3rd party developers to say games don't sell on the Wii U when most of the 3rd party software is gimped, late or nonsense, when yes, the hardware can definitely run it properly. Many Wii U owners believe that the 3rd party devs are spiteful and are releasing gimped versions in purpose to justify no longer supporting Nintendo. Nintendo has released all of the best games, 1st party, on it's own consoles which hurts the sale for 3rd party devs. Sony and Xbox have very few first party games to hurt 3rd party sales.

Case in point: Mass effect 3 and Fifa 13 = my worst games in my library for Wii U due to gimpyness taking the fun out of it.

B: Exactly what you said.

P.S A huge amount of Wii U owners own a gaming PC (It's the best combo IMO) and will already have the game or pick it up on steam for next to nothing by Autumn 2014.

Unless they can use the gamepad for more than just a map screen there is no point in this game.

The reason I was so mad was because they treat us like nothing. The one comment that made me an annoying crying bitch was "We're focusing our resources on th IMPORTANT versions" They pretty much said to Wii U owners "you're not important to us, so we'll treat you like we want to!"

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

"Wii U owners should just be lucky they are getting this game, it looks fun!"    You know what other game looked fun at first? Aliens Colonial Marines!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

As a Wii U only owner I can say that upon the latest news of the adjusted rating of the game it has gone from on my radar to the 'completely not interested' category. I do not care what they decide to do with this game one way or another.

Viper1 said:

d21lewis said:
The Wii U version was the only version I wanted. Since it's being delayed, I say don't release a WU version at all.

Why deny yourself a game? 

"The Wii U version was the only version I wanted. Since it's being delayed, I say don't release a WU version at all. It will just be a bigger embarrassment than it already was. I don't even know what Watchdogs is about. I just wanted it because it was supposed to make good use of the controller. Whether I get it now or not is up in the air. I own a PS4 and Xbox One so I may already own it by the time the Wii U version releases or I may lose interest waiting for the Wii U version entirely."

Basically, it's going to sell like crap, they aren't going to push the Wii U hardware,  and it'll be the final nail in the casket for Wii U third parties.  I don't see a lot of good coming from a Wii U version anymore and even if it's good, I may be interested in something else entirely.

WHAT'S FAIR IS FAIR!

You should go after these people and show them what an angry panda is made of!!

I wouldn't buy Watch_Dogs on Wii U even if it was releasing at the same time as other consoles. Not unless some early reviews came out specifically praising the Watch_Dogs controls on Wii U over the other console versions due to the Gamepad.

But no way I am waiting to find out about that possibility, if I have the option to get Watch_Dogs and play it earlier on any of my other consoles.