By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can someone explain FF XIV to me?

Tagged games:

learning parties in party finder, and a friendly free company = never having to study.

free tips.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Played the beta on ps4, sad to say, I didn't find any enjoyment out of it. I'm in the minority here, but, it is just ones opinion. I hope for final fantasy to return to greatness, and this is not it.

It's really good looking for a MMORPG I'll give it that. It's supposed to be good too from what I hear.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

It's fun once you get a group going. Each class is plentiful in its own actions, with in depth strategies on combos if you take the game seriously. Find a Free Company early on, and you'll have a lot of fun. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I played FFXIV ARR for about 15 days now (include 2nd beta) and i really love it. If u never play FF series before its hard to explain the game because i dont play MMO games either. But this game just make me love ff series again. The music, graphic, atmosphere its so familiar with ff we love before ffxiii...lol. If sub/month doesnt bother u just play this game. Before i tried this game i was so sceptist with sub system, but after try 1st beta for ps4 i just remember why i love ff series. Just buy the full version u will get 30 day free. If u dont like it just sell it immediately. I plan to play this game for the next 3 months.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:

Dragoon is the more versitile compared to a Monk when it comes to pure combat and has higher burst and high sustained damage whereas Monks excel at single target dps fights where the boss has a higher stable up time, but like any MMO, ranged will always be easier, espeically if you are a Bard since you can attack on the move at ranged which no other class can, but comes at the cost of lower dps while having the best support abilities compared to a Black Mage or a Summoner.

You will always want a Bard in a raid, and most times a Black Mage, but not always the others is what it comes down to if you really want to get into it, for the songs and big AoE nukes. Melees are your high single target dps guys, and Summoners are very good for certain fights as well but not always needed unless you want that Miasma slow for Coil T7.

You underrate Monk and Summoner. Summoner does best DPS in game, hands down. Not sure why Miasma slow is note worthy for T7 though.

I'm not underestimating them, I'm just saying they are not "preferred" like certain classes are, for some fights, you will always prefer to have a Paladin(more general mitigation and HG is better than Warrior alternative though WAR is better dps) or a White Mage(better aoe heals, fights like levi ex comes to mind, just less a pain in the ass), or a Black Mage(giant nukes or aoe nukes that can fuck up adds super fast especially when things proc) and generally always a Bard(self explainitory, songs- Foe, Ballad, and Army), but that doesn't hold true for most other classes even through melees are still good to have for Limit Break sometimes. I'm personally a Dragoon and I prefer to play a DRG but I find myself playing Bard more in raids just because it's one of those always needed classes, know what I'm saying? I also play PLD or SCH to have easier Roulette queues when I want to shorten the wait time, just the nature of the beast when it comes to MMOs. Monks will be Monks, no ranged attack, no sustainable AoE, garbage silence, really good single target dps though, really good.

It sounds awesome. I just don't know what job to go for. For me it's a toss up between Bard and Dragoon.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mystro-Sama said:
It sounds awesome. I just don't know what job to go for. For me it's a toss up between Bard and Dragoon.

dragoon armor is so fucking badass.

I've seen it and it definitely is. o.o