By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "After the wheel, the PlayStation is the best invention of all time" - Andrea Pirlo

As someone from the US who doesn't pay any attention to soccer/football unless it's World Cup time, I don't know Andrea Pirlo but I do know Wayne Rooney. However, the only reason I know Rooney is because the media was going insane about England playing so badly and Rooney was kind of the poster boy for that. I bet I'm not alone in that, either.

That would make him infamous rather than famous. He also looks like Cole from Infamous games. Coincidence?

If I had to say the most famous soccer players in the US, it would be Pele, Messi, and Beckham. Oh, and Alexi Lawless. Yeah.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
I really hope he's not serious. I mean, nobody could seriously say any entertainment device is a better invention than:

-Writing
-Agriculture
-The printing press
-Bessemer steel process
-Hall–Héroult process
-The light bulb
-Telephones & telegraph
-Radio & radar
-Steam engines
-Internal combustion engine and the automobile
-Penicillin
-Vaccines
-Contraceptives
-Organ transplants
-Rockets & spacecraft
-Computers
-And many others

Sure, video games are fun and all, but they haven't done anything to improve people's standard of living or saved any lives.

PS3 is doing Folding@Home and help contribute to science and medicine

PS2 was used for rocket science by Saddam Hussein

Square Enix made its feature length CGI movie with PS2 hardware

People pls research before trying to belittle gaming

I really don't think Americans should speak in this topic as generally they don't have a clue about football. So isolated compared to the rest of the world.

sully1311 said:
I really don't think Americans should speak in this topic as generally they don't have a clue about football. So isolated compared to the rest of the world.

Are we parodying the NHL thread now?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

every feature in ps4 controler was avaliable first in a nintendo controler.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
sully1311 said:

Are we parodying the NHL thread now?

. In all seriousness though it makes me laugh how clueless some people are about the worlds biggest sport and act like it's "random"

People seems to be giving an surprising amount of fucks

Well, obviously. And the wheel only beat us by a few millennia which is practically nothing in the grand scope of things. So let's call it a tie.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Another reason to love Pirlo

This is why PS4 is the best!!period!!