By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, is Waluigi the worst Nintendo character?

Waluigi...

Terrible character 67 100.00%

Total:67

I think there was definitely a spot to fill for Wario's side-kick and a rival for Luigi, but Waluigi's design is just terrible. They could have done so much better.

And I agree about the baby characters. I can barely acknowledge them outside Partners in Time and the Yoshi's Island series. And Baby Daisy wasn't even in those.

Around the Network

I'm a big fan of Waluigi. He's got good comedy potential.

Now, Slippy is the worst, but that's not a "big" character. So, how about Queen Bee for a more prominant character?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The picture in the OP looks like the guy from Lazytown.

He's terrible, but he was made to fill a roster in spinoff titles. I don't have much of a problem with him.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

BraLoD said:
I didnt even know such a thing existed, man, that sounds ridiculous, Im mean, Wario was ok but Waluigi? you must be kidding me. It's a offense to Luigi having a opposite being named after Mario, wait, he is a Mario too, not Mario Mario, but Mario Luigi... just stop it Nintendo, just stop. I don't know if he is a good character or not, but the lack of creativity and interest that Nintendo shows with the names it's just... man, just stop.

It's the same pun.  It just doesn't look or work as crisp in english because it's of the whole R/L thing.

http://www.gamervision.com/users/coop/articles/ten_reasons_waluigi_is_awesome

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
I mean, seriously Nintendo? What's next? Wapeach and Wadaisy?

Warui Luigi = Waluigi is far more clever than Warui Mario = Wario ("Warui" is Japanese for "evil"). If Peach were to get an "evil" counterpart, she'd probably be called something like Momo, which is, funnily enough, the Japanese word for both "Peach" and "Crotch" (or "Thigh").

Not while Midna exists.

the_dengle said:
Not while Midna exists.

Or any of Link's 3D zelda companions really.  And tingle.

Waluigi is cool :D

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!