By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My top 3 and crap ( or overrated ) 3 from last gen....

Top 3:
Mario Galaxy
Bioshock
Xenoblade

Crap 3
Mass Effect
Resident evil 6
L.A Noire - such a let down.....

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Top 3:
Uncharted 2
League of Legends
Fallout 3

Suprisingly good 3:
Bioshock
Demon Souls
Sleeping Dogs

Disappointing/ overrated 3:
Darksiders
Skyrim
GTA4

Bad 3:
FFXIII
Tom Clancys Endwar
Civilization revolution

Compare that with some of my favorites games from last gen: FFX/XII, Civ 3/4, GTA3/VC/SA, Morrowind,

Ka-pi96 said:
Clyde32 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Top 3:
The Last of Us
Halo 3
Valkyria Chronicles

Bottom 3:
Xenoblade Chronicles
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Ni no Kuni

Somehow, I doubt you've played Xenoblade.

I played it for about 30 mins and didn't like it. Considering the praise it gets on the internet that would make it one of the most overrated/disappointing games for me.

Well, it seems like we've jumped down the rabbit hole into some alternate reality where playing a 100 hour long JRPG for 30 minutes is enough to say it's overrated. 

Still, it's your loss. Maybe give it another chance some time; you won't be disappointed. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Top 3
Dark Souls
The Last of Us
Mario Galaxy 2

Overrated 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Gears of War
Skyrim

Crap 3
Resident Evil 6
Metroid Other M
Skyward Sword

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Tombraider
gears of war 3
Crysis 3
Crap
Last of us ( i know ill get hate)
halo 4
Lords of shadow 2

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Top 3
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
Dark Souls
(Ni No Kuni)

The bad
Skyrim (overrated)
GTA IV
Fallout New Vegas
(Yes.I have a problem with sandbox games)

Conegamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I played it for about 30 mins and didn't like it. Considering the praise it gets on the internet that would make it one of the most overrated/disappointing games for me.

Well, it seems like we've jumped down the rabbit hole into some alternate reality where playing a 100 hour long JRPG for 30 minutes is enough to say it's overrated. 

Still, it's your loss. Maybe give it another chance some time; you won't be disappointed. 

I played GTA IV for an hour and knew it was crap ^^

Not saying Xenoblade is crap (Never played it), just thought that was kind of relevenat =P

My Top 3

Journey.- Dat music

Spec ops: the line.- you are still a good person

Valkyria Chronicles.- takakakakakakaka

Overrated

Xenoblade.- sry guys, but the only reason for this game to be such a wonderful epic masterpiece (imo), is because was launched in a year with almost no major AAA releases (is kinda hard to believe that the best 2 JRPGs came out at the same year in a system with almost 0 JRPG...), and... well, for me the most annoying fact about Xenoblade is how long it takes to actually start, i mean,  first 10-15hrs of the game is you doing pointless sidequest and wandering around and thats is really a sin for a story-driven game.

The last story might not be as huge as xenoblade, and the overall story can be considered inferior, but at least is more focused, i really hate fillers in videogames (when are required to complete the game). Anyway, all this only means that i dont enjoy the game as most people, but thats my taste, so i cant put it as an overrared game based on that. I do it because people (on forums), make up qualities that the game doesnt have. For example:

"this game/story is so mature"- Fact, the target audience for this is the same as the FF franchise (teenagers). Not a bad thing, but still, xenoblade is described as a grown up game for some reason ( to add more value i guess, but thats not really necessary, mature game =/= good game)

Skyrim.- Huge game, a lot of content, 0 substance.

The last of us.- There iss no way for a game with 200+ Goty awards to not be overrated for a bunch of people xD

Top 3
1) Fallout 3
2) Call of Duty 4
3) Uncharted 2

Crap 3 (Not saying they're bad, but overrated/disappointing for me)
1) The Last of Us
2) Any Call of Duty after 4
3) Gears of War series

Top 3
Xenoblade
Ni No Kuni
Skyrim

Bottom 3
FF13
Sonic 06 lol
Uncharted 1

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)