By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLoU PS4 turns the graphics up to 11

kitler53 said:
Adameh said:
11? On a scale of what?

Holy shit that's real.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I hope some of you know "goes up to an eleven" is actually an expression of speech. Talk about talking things literally...

everyone should have already seen spinal tap cause it's an absoulte classic but i suppose just in case...

if the visuals were almost a 10/10.. upping the resolution from 720 to 1080p and doubiling the framerate, and improving character models/lighting sounds like an 11/10 or more..

mM
leo-j said:
if the visuals were almost a 10/10.. upping the resolution from 720 to 1080p and doubiling the framerate, and improving character models/lighting sounds like an 11/10 or more..

Logic would say that but its certain it wont see reviews above 8 or 9. I wonder how IGN is gonna justify themselves after they removed some points from the infamous review to create a higher standard. Its gonna be amusing to see how they get out of that conundrum.

pezus said:

I hope some of you know "goes to eleven" is actually an expression of speech. Talk about talking things literally...

So the graphics aren't an 11?

Pre order cancelled Screw Naughty Dog oh my god Sony lied to me.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
torok said:
daredevil.shark said:
What about cutscenes? Real time? Or recorded?

Recorded. They load the game behind the cutscenes. 

Then I will pass. ND and santa monica deceived me with "bumped" graphics for the cutscenes in ps3. I wont fall for it again.

ND confirmed the game doesn't load behind cutscene since you can jump all the cgs without any hiccup. But cgs will probably be recorded.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Don't care, it was fine before

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

DonFerrari said:
daredevil.shark said:
torok said:
daredevil.shark said:
What about cutscenes? Real time? Or recorded?

Recorded. They load the game behind the cutscenes. 

Then I will pass. ND and santa monica deceived me with "bumped" graphics for the cutscenes in ps3. I wont fall for it again.

ND confirmed the game doesn't load behind cutscene since you can jump all the cgs without any hiccup. But cgs will probably be recorded.

My issue is not with the cut scene recording. My issue is with the quality of those cutscenes. ND and santa monica recorded those cutscenes in a powerful pc and labeled them as ps3 graphics.

Day one for me.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

the-pi-guy said:
daredevil.shark said:

My issue is not with the cut scene recording. My issue is with the quality of those cutscenes. ND and santa monica recorded those cutscenes in a powerful pc and labeled them as ps3 graphics.

Naughty Dog did no such thing.  They explicitly stated how the cutscenes were made, and it's not a powerful pc, it is actually PS3 hardware; well specifically 8 PS3s.  

I don't get what the issue is.  

Lol.