By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone else annoyed with the "Hello!" sound on this website?

Everytime I come to this site when I'm listening to music on my PC I usually have to turn it off because of the annoying "Hello!" from one particular ad.  It also requires me to turn off the sound everytime I go to watch a video on this website or another and then start browsing the forums again.  Anyone have a good ad blocker for it or does Firefox completely get rid of it?  I'm actually thinking of switching from IE just because of that ad :|

Around the Network

^ rofl i have the same thing ... kinda f*cked up

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ya, I hate that too.
Plus the futuristic voice iphone thing..that is annoying as funk

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@Weezy: I am still waiting for the iphone I won.
@op: Yes.

By the way L11, I am glad you didn't really retire.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:

By the way L11, I am glad you didn't really retire.

Yeah I have found since PS3 sales have picked up that the amount of trolling in the Microsoft forum has gone up with it.  I was going to leave but decided to stay and at first fight.  I was planning on basically posting in every Playstation thread with a negative spin on whatever the topic was.  To annoy them like in the old cartoons where a flea on a dog annoys it and makes it miserable.  But then I realized I was just becoming a Microsoft version of Nintendo's Gballzack and eventually I would be banned so I stopped.  I realize that the console wars, etc, are just fun and games so I have no idea why I was taking it so seriously.  Now I'm just going to enjoy the games with the free time I have left before I go back to classes.

Around the Network

I hate ads that make noise, it boils my blood, I feel like smashing my monitor in.

ArtofAngels said:
I hate ads that make noise, it boils my blood, I feel like smashing my monitor in.

Shouldn't you be smashing your speakers in.

Anyway yeah i don't have my speakers on when I come on to this site. Due to the annoying ads. 

Imthelegend said:
ArtofAngels said:

Anyway yeah i don't have my speakers on when I come on to this site. Due to the annoying ads. 

LOL.  I hate these pop-unders on this site.  They are flipping annoying too.  Now those make you want to smash in my screen.

If you really hate them, then look for ways to not see them at all. I'll give a good hint: Firefox + ad block plus and both are free. If you don't feel like doing that, then the problem isn't that bad as you make it out to be and you need to stop whining.

Otherwise your problem has just been completely solved and I wish you the best with your safe new browser, great plug in and zero ads or pop ups. Good luck.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Imthelegend said:
ArtofAngels said:

I have a laptop, I have no idea where the sound is coming from.