By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, this is basically the 2014 Wii U lineup

This lineup...

...is exciting 124 58.22%

Too much games! 33 15.49%

I wanted U version before 19 8.92%

I'll get both versions! 33 15.49%

Total:209

What else is to be expected. Nintendo scammed us with the Wii U. Like it or not having a continuos stream of releases and making their console viable is their responsibility. They are lazy and to an extent malicious, as they are just trying to go through this generation with the minimum effort. They are not devoting almost any resources to the Wii U, that's evident and clear now.

Nintendo should be releasing at least 2 games every three months, or more. They have multiple studios doing jackshit and to make thinggs worse, many of those studios are capable of making more than 1 game at a time.

Unacceptable. They have forged their destiny and future now, they will be the underdog from now on and the apathy towards them will grow bigger and bigger.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
What else is to be expected. Nintendo scammed us with the Wii U. Like it or not having a continuos stream of releases and making their console viable is their responsibility. They are lazy and to an extent malicious, as they are just trying to go through this generation with the minimum effort. They are not devoting almost any resources to the Wii U, that's evident and clear now.

Nintendo should be releasing at least 2 games every three months, or more. They have multiple studios doing jackshit and to make thinggs worse, many of those studios are capable of making more than 1 game at a time.

Unacceptable. They have forged their destiny and future now, they will be the underdog from now on and the apathy towards them will grow bigger and bigger.

Like i ask KylieDog, i'll ask you to clarify the bold, or bad things may well happen

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

compare it to what xbox and sony is doing this year,.. it's really not that bad if you just look at first party effort.

it is the (almost) complete lack of 3rd parties that is killing wiiU.

don't forget the 3rd part games

Lego Movie
Lego Hobbit
Lego something else no doubt.

Isn't Next Level Games working on a new Nintendo project? Could it be Luigi's Mansion U, revealed at E3, released in late 2014? :)
Wishful thinking..

Around the Network

Hey they have a pretty good line up of indie developers for third party, plus digital is the future, so I'm ok with it. Stuff like hex heroes, shovel knight, and rexen just to name a few. 

trestres said:

Very acurate statement.  Yhe markeplace agrees w it too-   They have really treated Wii U owners poorly (bought one at launch-  but have learned my lesson- never trust Nintendo- until something is released its just a possibility re when or even if.

The list of exclusive games is pretty good (if they come in 2014).

It will still get some Ubisoft, Activision and Warner multiplats and I think that at least one big Nintendo game for 2014 will be announced at E3.

Mr Khan said:
trestres said:

Like i ask KylieDog, i'll ask you to clarify the bold, or bad things may well happen

Well, you know my old "What's Nintendo working on?" thread, which I used to update regularly for years, now basically dead since I abandoned it.

I went through it and the majority of teams are in the "unknown" status. Of course, could mean mega hyper ultra secret projects are in the works, but when nothing comes to light for a long time and you see that the amount of games released each year is smaller and smaller, I think my statement is accurate.

The wording might sound harsh, but that's my sentiment at the moment. Nintendo has basically nothing in the works for the Wii U coming from their internal dev teams that we know of, neither do they for the 3DS.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Mr Khan said:
trestres said:

Well, you know my old "What's Nintendo working on?" thread, which I used to update regularly for years, now basically dead since I abandoned it.

I went through it and the majority of teams are in the "unknown" status. Of course, could mean mega hyper ultra secret projects are in the works, but when nothing comes to light for a long time and you see that the amount of games released each year is smaller and smaller, I think my statement is accurate.

The wording might sound harsh, but that's my sentiment at the moment. Nintendo has basically nothing in the works for the Wii U coming from their internal dev teams that we know of, neither do they for the 3DS.

"That We Know of", is the critical point here. No news, frustrating as that may be, does not mean nothing is happening.

I do thank you for replying, though. These summary, negative comments are not necessarily trolling, but they could easily be mistaken for such, but many are not.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.