By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 screens...

From IGN:

Around the Network

Graphics are very very meh, but I'm sure gameplay and freedom will cover that up nicely :)

I love the first fable and lost chapters (which is basically what the first fable should have been) so I am getting this first day. I saw the video where they explain co-op and all the good memories of playing fable returned. Can't wait.

Yeah, this game looks excellent:

fazz said:
Graphics are very very meh, but I'm sure gameplay and freedom will cover that up nicely :)

I think the graphics are excellent.  The character models need a little work, but the environments and the lighting look like they are as good or better than any other console game thats already been released.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Very sexy.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

The video explaining co-op had the farm/windmill area shown in one of those pictures in it and it looked stunning. I'm surprised at how much better the game looks since the last time they showed it (E3 07?).

makingmusic476 said:

Yeah, this game looks excellent:

That makes me want to....

To Each Man, Responsibility

Damn, I've been leaning more and more towards getting a 360 instead of a PS3, I'll eventually get both. Then, first, I remembered Too Human. Now I'm reminded of Fable 2. The decision is getting tougher.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Graphics aren't bad.

Character models look a bit odd (some jaggies and poor texturing.)

Scenery and background look nice, some good lighting and shadow effects.

I'm glad they kept a similar appearance to the first game. However, it's interesting to note, that much like Halo 3, (Microsoft's other big franchise) they haven't tried to push the graphics too far beyond that of it's predecessor. Perhaps they were told to focus more on the gameplay, and to keep things simple.

If I ever get a 360, this will be on my wish list.