By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devs React to DX 12 Doubling Xbox One GPU Speed Claims; PS4 ICE Programmer: Be Suspicious of Claims

JayWood2010 said:
vivster said:
JayWood2010 said:

As i said before, we know DX12 is going to help improve XBO's performance, that is a given. For the people who acts like it isnt going to do anything are just as bad as the people who are acting like it is the best thing ever. Not talking about the people in this article, rather the fans which is most likely a cause of a console war.  It works both ways.  Dont act like its going to make it a magical box and dont act like it isnt going to do anything either.  Its not natural progression, it is advancing tech and tools that will help improve the console.  Why anybody should be upset with that is beyond me.  This whole topic has become overblown by this point

So at what percentage do you stand? And what percentage would be insignificant enough to call it "nothing"?

I stand at what i said. It will improve the console and PC.  It has been praised since its announcement and it is obvious there is going to be improvements.  As far as the numbers games and at what percent does not matter to me.  If it doubles, cool.  If it doesnt, that is fine too. I In the end it is going to improve things from where they are now. 

Evading the question are we?

You say you can't call any numbers but attack anyone who says zero or close to zero.

But I'll take away from your answer that you actually believe a 100% increase is possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
Console API's always get better with time. DX12 is progression. this is why games got better last gen with time and this gen is no different. Xbone performance gain due to better tools is expected with time and is not limited to only the xbone. Wii U tools will get better too, so will ps4's. The "war" is caused by xbone fans thinking only the xbone will improve in time because of DX12, when its normal for all console api's to get better. The people who should rightfully rejoice the most are actually PC gamers as low level access to hardware will actually benefit them the most.

This is how it is: Powerful PCs will always do graphics better. DX12 will even increase the gap between PC and Consoles.
Anything the Xbone will be able to do due to DX12, will be done [better] on the PS4 too as the PS4 api advances.

it takes 2 to have a war and unfortunately its just a bunch of stupid people claiming to be gamers when all they are are stupid unpaid coporation cheering fanboys.  i am a multiple console owner.  have no problem with the things attached to my tv.  but as for the fanbases i say fuckem 

A ps4 programmer lol

Praise the One.

I think when DX12 finally drops in 2015 it will be maintaining the improvement margin that we would be expecting over time from a games console anyway. Which is of course a good thing but to be expected.

vivster said:
JayWood2010 said:
vivster said:

I stand at what i said. It will improve the console and PC.  It has been praised since its announcement and it is obvious there is going to be improvements.  As far as the numbers games and at what percent does not matter to me.  If it doubles, cool.  If it doesnt, that is fine too. I In the end it is going to improve things from where they are now. 

You say you can't call any numbers but attack anyone who says zero or close to zero.

But I'll take away from your answer that you actually believe a 100% increase is possible.

What am i evading exactly?  Read what i said.  YOu can even go to the originol thread on this subject where i said idc if people are suspicios, the thing im annoyed at most is the people who act like it isnt going to do anything.  And as far as im aware, 99% of the people commenting doesnt know what theyre talking about as they dont know how DX12 works or how the tech works in general.  Its like me trying to tell NASA how to do their job knowing very little on the subject.  And as i said previously much of the arguments are coming from console wars.  

But my answer is always going to be the same, its going to improve.  By how much or how little is irrelevant to me.

Around the Network

Things are getting a touch heated in here. Let's turn things down a little, please!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Of course we will see improvements. The current APIs in both consoles are still badly optimized. I mean, really bad. 1 or 2 months ago I remember seeing an article about a guy at Sony's ICE team saying that they improved the SDK and got performance boosts of 10 to 100x in some operations (source: http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-ice-team-programmer-surface-tilingdetiling-on-the-cpu-is-10-100x-faster-now). When you make any software several times faster, it is because your old software was badly optimized. If you get PS3 or 360 now, they will be close to the limit in optimization. For PS4 and One we should expect several magical optimization performance increases until mid-gen when things will start to become harder to squeeze.

Will DX12 improve performance? Sure, I don't doubt that. Will it improve performance by 100%? No, definitely not when we look at the big picture. Maybe some areas will get a 100% boost but that won't be an overall boost.

And this all happened just because some guy (*cough* TheRedDragon *cough*) misinterpreted the benefits of DX12 as doubling the performance of the X1. It will help games use the X1's GPU, CPU, and RAM more efficiently and put the X1 closer to its theoretical maximum graphical output. That's all there is to it.

vivster said:

Anyone who says it will be zero is clearly a troll or needs to stop opening their mouth about a subject they simply do not understand. There is no way a new API that completely changes the way direct x has worked in the past will give no benefit to the games. Look at nvidia. They were able to get 5-20 FPS increases in games just out of a DRIVER UPDATE. 20 FPS from simply updating a driver is a lot is it not? Look what Mantle did for the AMD cards. That's a new API. With a strong enough card going from DirectX9 to DirectX10/11 boosted FPS in games. Why? Because Directx10/11 were both better written APIs and allowed the game overall to run smoother. There is no doubt a well written DirectX12 will help the Xbox One somewhat. How much? No one can be certain yet, but it sure as heck isn't going to be "zero improvement" like some ignorant baiters would try to claim. Heck with a simple google search you can see many forum post of people asking how they get more FPS in Directx11 over 9. Simple is the resource mangment is far better.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Also, Quote Tree Shortened