By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco recruiting for a 2015 Smash Bros game. Wait... what?!

This is trash. Super Smash Bros. freaking 4 isn't even released yet. Even if the "annualisation" of the franchise is bound to happen, they won't have SSB5 and SSB6 release in the same year.

Are people actually believing this? Is this actually even a thing?

Around the Network

Typo, duh.

AstroGamer said:
Cheebee said:
AstroGamer said:
It's not going to be delayed. For one, that says Smash 5 and 6 when we know that these two are Smash 4 unless it's refering to the 3DS version alone but that also seems pretty far along. In addition we are getting a Smash Direct tomorrow, a delay would be disastrous. And several press releases and comments from Nintendo have stated that it is in their plans to release the game this fiscal year.

You do know this fiscal year ends march 31 2015, right?

Well yes, but they haven't changed their comment on the matter and the release chart they had back in January had it for 2014. It would be very sudden to delay into 2015

I agree, and was just pointing out that their fiscal year runs well into 2015.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

tbone51 said:
JEMC said:
Conegamer said:
To be brutally honest, 2015 wouldn't surprise me. Guess we will find out tomorrow anyway!

So you think they will delay the game... again?

??? Again? They never had a release date

It's easier to forget. Nintendo has a real bad habit of delaying games in the start of the generation. SMG and Brawl were supposed to be launch titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think the most likely scenario is that its a mistranslation.

Could be a smash like fighter. Say like J stars. Or as some said it could be DLC.

I dont think theres any chance that Smash Wii U wont release this year.

Around the Network

I know what it is. I bet it is the 3DS version. They want to capitalize on the Wii U version to come first, so they will hold the 3DS version til next year.

Clyde32 said:
I know what it is. I bet it is the 3DS version. They want to capitalize on the Wii U version to come first, so they will hold the 3DS version til next year.

That would make sense. Even if both versions come out this year, I'm pretty sure they'll release the Wii U version well before the 3DS one. It only makes sense, business-wise.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I would say it is the smash bros 6 project which will be worked on in 2015, not released.

Fiscal Year 2015, problem solved, go home everybody. Nothing to see here.

Farsala said:
I would say it is the smash bros 6 project which will be worked on in 2015, not released.

That would make a lot more sense and means Nintendo really appreciates Namco's help in SSB4. SSB4 has neither been reviewed or sold yet but they are already hiring them for the next game!

@dengle When does fiscal year 2015 start and end?