By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Price Cut!!! $50 drop for Pro and Elite, $20 for Arcade

Yes, about 9 months after our dollar became pretty much equal to the american dollar.

Around the Network

Has there been shortages WW for the 360? maybe thats why its numbers have been so low the past 2 months.

On a side note, does anyone have info on when they will release the 360 with a chip that doesnt cause the rrod? I wonder if some people are on the fence, waiting to buy one when its been impoved.

Perhaps MS is trying to clear out the old models before releasing the system with an improved processor chip?

Dogs Rule said:
Yes, about 9 months after our dollar became pretty much equal to the american dollar.

and after months of Canadian dollars being 20% more than US.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
GooseGaws said:
This is less a price cut than a "we're finally going to stop screwing Canadians on currency exchange" admission.

@dabaus:

The 40GB PS3 is $399, the Wii is $269.

GREAT.  NowI wish all three console companies would stop SCREWING Aussies.  Our dollar is about 90US cents but we still pay around a 70% premium on some consoles and no less than a 40% premium on others.  ON some games the RRP is a 100% premium on US prices.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Now 360 costs less than PS3. For a long time they were equal in Canada. It was:

Elite = 80gb
Pro = 40gb
Arcade = Cheaper

Now its: 80gb > Elite > 40gb > Pro > Arcade Price wise.

Around the Network

You broke my heart, gebx. You broke my heart.

kingofwale said:
Dogs Rule said:

If by 20% you mean 1% then yeah. lol Feb 21 1.0122 rate.

I think this was about price parity with the states like PS3 has done.

I think there will be a price drop in March or sometime in April to coincide with GTAIV's advertising campaign.

elendar said:
kingofwale said:
Dogs Rule said:

If by 20% you mean 1% then yeah. lol Feb 21 1.0122 rate.

Please, look up exchange rate history for last 6 months instead, and save me the trouble of explanation it to you.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)