By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Infamous:SS vs Dead Rising 3 - Who will sell better lifetime?

Tagged games:

So...

Infamous: Second Son will sell better 376 84.68%

Dead Rising 3 will sell better 35 7.88%

Both will sell THE SAME! 11 2.48%

I dunno... 22 4.95%

Total:444
Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

Exactly so it's still not anyone's favorite including yours.

...but it is a favourite of mine.

When you say it's not anyone's favorite you're not saying it as a group.  If you were going to state it's not in anyone's group of favorites you would say "It's not one of anyone's favorites."  Singular vs. a group of games that is tied or whatever.  It would have to be your absolute #1 series not tied or anything to be applicable.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

Exactly so it's still not anyone's favorite including yours.

...but it is a favourite of mine.

When you say it's not anyone's favorite you're not saying it as a group.  If you were going to state it's not in anyone's group of favorites you would say "It's not one of anyone's favorites."  Singular vs. a group of games that is tied or whatever.  It would have to be your absolute #1 series not tied or anything to be applicable.

But the guy who originally asked the question legitimately agreed with what I posted, so why drag it now?

Do you take pleasure bringing up other people's poor grammar skills? Is that it? Am I a subject to your deep, dark fetishes?

Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:

But the guy who originally asked the question legitimately agreed with what I posted, so why drag it now?

Do you take pleasure bringing up other people's poor grammar skills? Is that it? Am I a subject to your deep, dark fetishes?

well I am aroused so I suppose so...

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

pezus said:
Ronster316 said:
As a franchise........... Dead Rising>>>> Infamous.

Infamous came out at a time when ps4 owners were STARVING for a new game, no doubt that has had an influence on Infamous sales. (a fair few buying it who would have otherwise waited for a second hand copy)

Still, more ps4's floating about out there than there are X1's, so thats helped a lot too.

Uhm, wat. DR1 sold just 2m. DR2 managed 2.7m on PS3 and 360 combined.

Compare this to inFAMOUS 1 which sold 2.7m and 2 which sold 1.7m but was included in PS Plus for a long time.

And now we're looking at SS outselling DR3.

I don't see how DR>>>>>>>>>infamous...lol

He means overall DR is a more fun and better series then Infamous to which I agree. 

pezus said:
Wright said:
pezus said:

inFAMOUS, easily. inFAMOUS is looking at 3m+, while DR3 maybe can reach around 2-2.5m

That would mean both games will be the best-selling entry of each respective franchise, which is awesome.

No, DR2 sold probably 3m+ combined on PS360PC but that's because it was on more platforms. If DR3 releases on PS4 it will definitely sell more than DR2 combined.

DR3 can't be released on the PS3 its published and paid for by MS and Microsoft Studios.

Around the Network

How is this even a contest? InFamous will have sold more by week 3, lifetime it won't be remotely close.

platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

well I am aroused so I suppose so...

Well, at least you're brave and admit it!

I like Dead Rising 3 more. Even though I didn't like 2, I loved the first one.