By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Infamous:SS vs Dead Rising 3 - Who will sell better lifetime?

Tagged games:

So...

Infamous: Second Son will sell better 376 84.68%

Dead Rising 3 will sell better 35 7.88%

Both will sell THE SAME! 11 2.48%

I dunno... 22 4.95%

Total:444
Wright said:
binary solo said:

Joke thread right? DR 3 took 5 weeks to sell ISS' first week. Infamous will probably reach a million before DR3.

Legs are everything in this life.

ISS will have legs because it's pretty much the best non-indie exclusive game available for PS4 right now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
DR3 is still at 0.97m and InFamous already sold 700k on its 1st week. Not the most interesting battle.

It already hit 1 million before Infamous got released.

Shipped.

True, the wording is very confusing. But I have no doubt that it hit 1 million a long time ago if we count digital sales.

Goatseye said:
binary solo said:
Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
DR3 is still at 0.97m and InFamous already sold 700k on its 1st week. Not the most interesting battle.

Shipped.

True, the wording is very confusing. But I have no doubt that it hit 1 million a long time ago if we count digital sales.

The wording of the article isn't confusing it says shipped, and even it referenced DR2 shipping 2 million as a comparison. Yes definitely > 1 million sold with digital sales. But ISS will also have digital sales, so until we hear figures for both games' digital sales then we might as well say the digital sales cancel each other out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

That's shipped.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Ronster316 said:
Poor Dead Rising 3 had to compete with both Forza 5 & Ryse

Infamous had a clear road.

What about Metal Gear Demo V: Ground $$$

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
binary solo said:
Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Shipped.

If we count digital sales then Infamous SS hit 1 million on day 1 (or 2?)

This comparison makes more sense to me! Tired of the Titanfall vs Infamous stuff. I think Second Son will take it but I may end up buying DR3, too! I was watching some Twitch last night and DR3 started looking pretty good to me.

Both will sell well but InFamous will sell more. Both has a chance of being the best selling in their franchise.

InFamous at the moment is pretty much the biggest exclusive Sony has for a while and after a bit of a drout. Its not only going to have a big opening week numbers but it is also going to have legs. And if InFamous 1&2 is any indication on things, SS will also be pretty heavily bundled in the future. I dont think Dead Rising 3 is going to get near the same treatment, maybe a bundle but not multiple years of different bundles.

I expect by next week or the week after InFamous to outsell Dead Rising 3. Dead Rising may be able to pull off anything from 1.5m to 2.2m but it depends on this holiday for what it can do.

Infamous SS has a good chance of doing anything between 2-4m. Just look at games like Resistance and MotorStorm which had the similar launch on PS3. Very good attach rate.

ktay95 said:
Ronster316 said:
Poor Dead Rising 3 had to compete with both Forza 5 & Ryse

Infamous had a clear road.

What about Metal Gear Demo V: Ground $$$

Ah yes, the MGS demo for £20 (well, £20 for suckers, £30 for suckers+), how could i forget that?

HipHopGodd said:
Infamous: Second Son is a pretty good game and there has been some hype around it. Does anyone really care about Dead Rising as a whole? I honestly have never heard anyone tout that series as a favorite of theirs.

Metacritic says Infamous SS is just 2/100 points better than Dead Rising 3....

But Infamous will sell more.