By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Needs This Controller... Looks Amazing! (Not Real, for Easy Believers :p )

The placement of the face buttons was wonderful...I didn't really like the Z button though. Every nintendo controller should have GC style face buttons....

Around the Network

Disagree.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I'm sorry, I like my wavebird as much as anybody. But the Wii's Classic Controller Pro was a way better overall design than the GC controller. The worst things about the GC controller, even though it was still a decent controller:

1. Tiny ass d-pad. horrible for fighting games.

2. Tiny ass "z trigger", hidden away in front of the R button. Just not intuitive at all.

3. The analog L and R buttons having SO much resistance. That alone was absurd, and unnecessary. For games like Mario Kart or Zelda, etc., where you find yourself holding down R a lot, your finger gets fuckin' tired and stiff as hell after awhile.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
When are yal going to get over the Gamecube already!?

Never! The controller was made by the angels of sex and prosperity! Its too good to get over!

Let me guess, your beard grew after you touch a GC controller for the very first time, an then you jizzed all over the controller due to it's ultra-awesomeness an your own new-beard, right?

That'd explain so much.

And the problem with the Pro controller is?...

Around the Network

for smash, the displacement of gc was perfect.
a central a button, making all other easy to reach
but it can be better.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
As long as they fix the C-stick which broke with every gamecube controller I owned, then hell YEA! I know that smash fans specially would love it!

The hell did you do to those poor controllers? Mario Party?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Why would the Gamecube controller make any difference?

Smash Bros. 

Don't see your point here. Smash will play just fine with the Gamepad n Pro Controller.

But not as well as it would with a GC controller. 

Because why now? They have all the necessary buttons and then some.

Maybe because most of us competitive players have been playing with the GC controller for the past 10 years. 

Uhm... so what!?

So it will be easier for me to adapt to the game than to have to get used to both Brawl and the new one. I go to a brawl tournament every 3 months, so I need to keep my GC controller tight. 

lucidium said:
GC controller was trash, cstick was as prone to dying as the analog on the n64, I'll take a pro controller over those two any day

I honestly don't see what you mean. I literally have 20 broken GC controllers on my shelf, but every single one of them has a fully functional C-stick. 

Here you go, this one looks better