By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just to clear some stuff up...Luigis Mansion

My friend with a GC said he wouldn't go back and play this game if someone paid him.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

It was fun but I beat i8t in like 5 hours in one sick day sitting.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I liked the game, but I do agree it was a little short and to simplistic for a main Mario game. I wish I could play it again, but I'm not going to buy it, as I don't think it's really worth that much money.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I loved Luigi's Mansion. However, it was too short.

It was a good game and i'd love for there to be a sequel for the Wii. I'd work great with the controls too, Wiimote used as flashlight, vacuum, etc.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network

It's an awesome game, but not what Mario fans expect. Most people at the time were wanting a huge Mario hit and were dissappointed with what they got instead. So rather than enjoy Luigi's Mansion for what it was, they just shrugged it off and then again with Mario Sunshine. Rather than enjoy it for what it was, they shrugged it off as a sidequest.

Luigi's Mansion is about the closest thing to Ghostbusters we have ever had until this new game comes out and has a really original layout and gameplay. I guess it just appeals to a slightly different crowd, but I really enjoyed it.

akuma587 said:
My friend with a GC said he wouldn't go back and play this game if someone paid him.

Your friend deserves a slap with a fish, preferably a wet fish.  A salmon perhaps..

A sequel for the Wii would probably be one of the most epic things ever.

I loved it! but i could never find the last boo....but anyway it was one of my first games (if not the first) for the Gamecube

twesterm said:

Why do you think it's not a bad game?

You're the one that wants to clear things up.

You're the one implying bad is somehow default for that game, by your wording. It doesn't work that way. Even Leaonard Part 6 pleased some people.

A proper question would be "What do you like about it?" 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs