By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One to Beat PS4 November NPD and in the Future From Now On (in 2014)

bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:
Yes XB1 will beat PS4 NPD for the rest of the year.

better luck next month? 

We shouldn't be unfair. XB1 did win one month back in December 2013 (and Christmas) when Sony was in complete supply constraint. Yet it counts, right?

Also the OP was not completely wrong assuming that XB1 had a chance winning the March (Titanfall certainly did have an impact) but obviously this "boost" was overhyped and not sufficient.

Where the OP is entirely wrong and wishfully thinking however, is the upcoming months.... Guessing XB1 will win one month is one thing (plausible in my opinion), but it is another thing to say XB1 will win every other month in 2014 (creating a trend), which is not gonna happen.

As I have always been saying, XB1 has no chance of passing 45% this generation in US, unless it's at least $50 cheaper than PS4.

note : 45% is between XB1 and PS4 only, implying 45%-55% favoring PS4, which is the most optimistic scenario for XB1.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Around the Network

Leems Segit

Kane1389 said:
Shaunaka said:
Am I the only one that's starting to feel a little sorry for X1 fans?

you should have seen xbox and nintendo fans on this site in 2007 and 08

Where are they now?

DerNebel said:

The internet overall was a lovely place for PS fans in 2007, but people like to forget that for example things like this were made back then ;)

I just watched that. Wow.

Things make more sense now O_o

freedquaker said:
bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:
Yes XB1 will beat PS4 NPD for the rest of the year.

better luck next month? 

We shouldn't be unfair. XB1 did win one month back in December 2013 (and Christmas) when Sony was in complete supply constraint. Yet it counts, right?

Also the OP was not completely wrong assuming that XB1 had a chance winning the March (Titanfall certainly did have an impact) but obviously this "boost" was overhyped and not sufficient.

Where the OP is entirely wrong and wishfully thinking however, is the upcoming months.... Guessing XB1 will win one month is one thing (plausible in my opinion), but it is another thing to say XB1 will win every other month in 2014 (creating a trend), which is not gonna happen.

As I have always been saying, XB1 has no chance of passing 45% this generation in US, unless it's at least $50 cheaper than PS4.

If only the op had used this kind of restraint before posting. Yeesh!

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Normchacho said:
This is starting to look even more far fetched that it did when the prediction was made.

Haha the Beautiful! Now if only it were holding an Xbox symbol.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

DerNebel said:
Kane1389 said:
Shaunaka said:
Am I the only one that's starting to feel a little sorry for X1 fans?

you should have seen xbox and nintendo fans on this site in 2007 and 08

The internet overall was a lovely place for PS fans in 2007, but people like to forget that for example things like this were made back then ;)

To be fair, Sarcastic Gamer did make songs about Wii an Xbox 360 too

Kane1389 said:

To be fair, Sarcastic Gamer did make songs about Wii an Xbox 360 too

Possibly, but I know that people used this video as serious ammo back in the day, just look at the views it got, together with the original from sarcastic gamer it's over 9 million. Back then the PS3 and its fans were the punching bag of the gaming community, which makes it all the more ironic to me when some fans of other brands try to play the innocent sheep nowadays and act as if only PS fans would ever do something like this.

Never going to happen .people still don't want an 100 dollar remote called kincet

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Still on pace or what?