By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA is an Amazing Game Company

kupomogli said:
orniletter said:
fatslob-:O said:
I'll never understand the hater's obsession with EA ...

Why not read up on the countless and countless legitimate points one can make against EA ?

Those people are far from haters, EA  is that bad.

Here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5946-Why-Do-People-Hate-EA

As I said in another thread, most people who hate EA are sheep.  Most of what EA has done in the past hasn't effected the majority of gamers today. 

LOLOL

You couldn't be anymore right than you are now ... 

Around the Network
orniletter said:
I'll never understand the hater's obsession with EA ...

Why not read up on the countless and countless legitimate points one can make against EA ?

Those people are far from haters, EA  is that bad.

Here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5946-Why-Do-People-Hate-EA

To be obsessed over a gaming company you don't like seems extremely unhealthy ...

To dislike a company that is the embodiment of so many things  wrong in this industry, one that shows outright contempt for its audience is warranted.

I like EA. They own Bioware who are the best developers of all time...so... Yeah, EA is a good company... just because of Bioware though...

kupomogli said:
Porcupeth said:
EA hasn't released a good game in 2-3 years

Debatably they've released more quality titles in the last 2-3 years than any other publisher aside from Sony and Nintendo first party, or maybe not aside from those two now that I think about it.

I'll give you Titanfall, but what else? Dead Space Third Person Shooter Edition?

OT: People hate EA for reasons that are probably too numerous to list: Being large supporters of DRM policies (which the gaming community universally despises), the Sim City debacle, the Mass Effect 3 ending, shoehorning multiplayer into series that don't need it, frequent sequels with little to no innovation, Origin in general, online passes, day one DLC, etc.

It's not that EA can't make quality games; they've certainly done so in the past. People (for the most part) dislike them because of their policies in popular games.

orniletter said:

To dislike a company that is the embodiment of so many things  wrong in this industry, one that shows outright contempt for its audience is warranted.

How exactly is it warranted for a fucking gaming company ?!

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:

Mass effect 3 came out 2 years ago... Which is my favorite game of all time...

kupomogli said:

As I said in another thread, most people who hate EA are sheep.  Most of what EA has done in the past hasn't effected the majority of gamers today. 

So the fans of: Origin Systems, Bullfrog, Pandemic, Westwood are sheep because they hate EA for literally closing them ?

So, why do you think people dislike EA ? Just because ?

orniletter said:
kupomogli said:

So the fans of: Origin Systems, Bullfrog, Pandemic, Westwood are sheep because they hate EA for literally closing them ?

@Bold That's the only answer that makes actual sense ... 

orniletter said:
kupomogli said:

@Bold That's the only answer that makes actual sense ... 

"I don´t understand why they hate EA.

It must just be because they felt like it."

I´m out.

MTZehvor said:
kupomogli said:
Porcupeth said:

Debatably they've released more quality titles in the last 2-3 years than any other publisher aside from Sony and Nintendo first party, or maybe not aside from those two now that I think about it.

I'll give you Titanfall, but what else? Dead Space Third Person Shooter Edition?

Dead Space 3 was a good game.  Why don't people bitch about Resident Evil 4 or Resident Evil 5 as there's nothing but constant shooting in them and little else? 

If you get through more than 10-15 minutes of the game, Dead Space 2 was actually pretty shooter heavy and everyone praised as such a remarkable game, Dead Space 3 is only a bit more of a shooter than Dead Space 2 is.  Co op was added to the mix so people could play two player.  Heaven forbid Visceral allowing players to enjoy a great game with a friend.