By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why doesn't the xbone have original xbox backwards compatibility?

Would people buy an attachment that adds backwards compatibility. You just hook it up to the Xbox's HDMI in and you can play any Xbox game (360 and original).

Around the Network

Unfortunately they clearly don't see any money in it.It's a shame Microsoft didn’t decide to buy Sega when they had the opportunity, if they had I’m sure they would have a reason to offer both disc based and digital backwards compatibility for older Sega consoles and Xboxes for the Xbox One.

On an unrelated note I was playing Toy Soldiers: Cold War earlier today and had a bit of a light bulb moment why don't Microsoft have Signal Studios do a Halo themed Toy Soldiers for Windows 8,Xbox One and 360.

People dont care about backwards compatibility. They had a chance to show that they did but didnt do anything. Sony took it out and people just kept on buying. Then they rebought the games digitally which has pretty much forever put the idea of included backwards compatibility out of the window. Now those that rebought the games that they already owned are buying HD ports of games they own.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I'd be interested just for the sake of Psychonauts, but it doesn't matter. Regardless of how many people want it (probably not many for the original Xbox), according to Microsoft, backwards compatibility is backwards thinking.

I think Microsoft talked about this in the past. They said the amount of time and $$ spent to add backwards compatibility into the 360 for the original xbox didn't make sense, since only 5% of 360 owners ever used it.

I think I used it for about 6 games, since I didn't own the original Xbox and it was buggy as all hell. Trying to play Fable on it was a mess of load times, or was it always like that?

Around the Network

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

ABOUT THE XBOX ONE? THE CONSOLE THAT FLOPPED COMPARED TO THE ALMIGHTY PLAYSTATION two

obviously..

mM
fatslob-:O said:
It's probably not worth it considering the fact that the original xbox flopped.

Thank God for Halo 1 and Halo 2, am I right?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---