By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FR+IT+ESP top sellers - week 49 (status quo)

ryuzaki57 said:

I know it's been 2 years, but it's time for a revival of French sales information. I will post the top here every monday and thus keep the sae old thread going (like the COMG thread does).

It's been a while so let me fill you up on what's happened this year (you can check top history on the SELL's homepage. Between March and late August, Switch has been dominating the top 5, with often 2 or 3 games charting. MK8 and BotW had been here for weeks. Clearly Switch adoption has been fast among my compatriots.

From fall, Switch presence in the top began to diminish rapidly as PS4/XBO AAA hit the market. Now is the period when Switch has to prove it can play in the same league as PS4 (and XBO to a lesser extend). Of course, it faces the same problem as anywhere else : 3rd party games are struggling and it's very rare to see them in the Switch top 3, while they still make wonders on competing systems. Doom and Skyrim are around the corner, Nintendo France is promoting them heavily (at least the latter), so their performance will be an indicator on whether French Switch owners are interested in non-Nintendo games. Ninty's 1st party games are strong in France but they won't make the difference all by themselves. Here already we can see that SMO is losing ground on AC Origins.

The battle for France has just started, let it be fair and epic.

That's quite the narrative you're inventing there. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Notice that Doom failed to enter the top 3 Switch, so it may face the same problem as in the UK

ryuzaki57 said:

Notice that Doom failed to enter the top 3 Switch, so it may face the same problem as in the UK

Im starting to think you dont know much about sales as well. 

Notice that Skyrim Switch managed to get 3rd position on Switch-only top in France. Let's see if it has any staying power there.

Switch is a no show in Italy on the other hand, Pokemon USM kicking SMO out. 

Pretty sure most frenchmen (actually most continental europeans) have bought Doom and Skyrim long ago for their PCs, considering it's might there. I think they may sell over time due to the portability factor and for those who missed out on them in the past, but right now, Mario is stealing the show and the sales.

Around the Network

Both SMO and GT Sport are significantly up in France. The Switch top 3 is Mario-only, adding concerns to the 3rd party performance on the system as Skyrim's 3rd place was short-lived.

In Italy, GT Sport races to n°1 as PS4 kills the competition : only Pokemon UltraSun prevents the top 10 to be PS4-only.

tag

This is a nice idea for a thread, sadly the OP just wants to use it as a way to talk shit about Switch 3rd party support.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
This is a nice idea for a thread, sadly the OP just wants to use it as a way to talk shit about Switch 3rd party support.

But is he wrong?

tbone51 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Im starting to think you dont know much about sales as well. 

Isnt France the strongest region for Nintendo in Europe?