By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game made you a gamer?What was special about it?

NES Super mario bros.

Around the Network

First game I've played: Super Mario 64
First game to grace my household: Super Mario Bros.
First game to floor me so hard that I can't even finish this thought properly: Metroid Prime

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I remember it was the Amiga 500, but which game I can't remember exactly.

Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight, Sensible Soccer, Hunter, Mega lo Mania are the games that I remember playing the most. So perhaps one of those games.

But I had somewhat 300-500 games for the A500, so there are so many great games that could be mentioned.

The very first system that I played on was the ColecoVision, and I just remember one game; The Smurfs. I didn't enjoy playing on this system very much.

Final Fantasy VII and although I had played games before gaming wasn't necessarily my thing, so there i was at age 11 watching my big brother play FF7, I remember telling him " that game looks boring and repetitive " anyway later on when he was out i was bored so I randomly decided to give it a go to this day I it is still my favourite story in gaming best music for a FF game and some of the best characters in gaming history, my opinion of course.

My mom used to play Donkey Kong in the arcades all the time when she was a kid. One year for X-mas my dad got her the DKC SNES bundle. I was hooked for life. Previously I casually played some NES and Genesis at friends houses, but it didn't click for me until DKC.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network
DerpSandwich said:
My first system was a Sega Genesis, and my first game was Sonic 2. The game itself didn't exactly turn me into a gamer, but that was at least the start of it. Wanting the system was just sort of a natural thing, I'm not even sure what drove me to it.

Was because Genesis does, what nintenDont!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I don't know, so I'll show games that it could have been.  I remember all of these from my childhood, but we owned both NES and Atari 2600, or atleast as far back as I can remember.

kupomogli said:

I don't know, so I'll show games that it could have been.  I remember all of these from my childhood, but we owned both NES and Atari 2600, or atleast as far back as I can remember.

Pitfall harry.... man those were some good times, thinking you landed on the edge of the lil islands only to see him slide down through the water into oblivion. The atari2600 had some great games but you needed a pretty good imagination to fill in what was actually going on in a lot of the games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

As a kid it was probably a game in the Commodore Vic 20, can't remember which now.

As an adult is was probably the Tekken 3 demo on PS1. I got a PS1 as collateral for a loan I gave to someone, and all it came with was a few demo disks. So for several months I played the Tekken 3 demo and that was all I played, almost every night, for months. Then I finally decided to see what else was out there, as full games and never looked back.

Oddly though I never really got into Tekken as a full game, nor did I ever get into the fighter genre at all. Though I did buy Tekken 4 for PS2. Buy the time I really got back into gaming I was enjoying story-based games much more than non / minimal story games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Watching my brother play Vanguard Bandits.